Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 07:25 PM
    I feel clueless
    What's up with the primary results? I haven't heard anything since last night.
    I can't even find anything on the Fox.com, CNN.com, etc... or even the political talk show hosts. Nobody seems to be saying anything and I don't watch TV.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 07:34 PM
    How much do you want to hear about whom?
    The Dems are still neck and neck...
    The GOP is still a three-way split: McCain seems to have an overwhelming lead, but both Romney and Huckabee haven't given up though they are lagging.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Thanks that's all I wanted to know. Any more might give me a headache:D
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 03:28 AM
    The best news of the night was that with the Kennedy clan and John Kerry giving their unqualified support to Obama... Evita won the Mass. Primary!! 2nd best news... Evita then expected to win a solid block of North East primary states ,but just as they began to celebrate the word came in that Obama won in Conn. They will slug it out until the convention .Howard the scream has warned them that he will not allow their food fight to continue into the convention . He will sit them in a room and force a deal that will result in a candidate. I have no idea how he plans to do that . The Democrats are energized. They have record turnouts at these primary polls . If one faction thinks the nomination is stolen from them there could be a revolt.

The wierdest thing that happened by far was in W.Va. Caucus. Romney thought he had it won.But then the McCain faction all jumped ship and caucused for the Huckster making him the winner. This proves that McCain and the Huckster are in cahoots.
    The Republicans are fractured. The Huckster won in the bible belt ;McCain won the security hawk votes and the moderates and Romney got fiscal conservatives. MCain will get the nomination but he needs to pull in the factions and reconcile with them if the Republicans stand a chance of winning in Nov.

Today McCain will speak to CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee) . He will either try to swoon them or be defiant and tell them it's time to rally behind him (he better schmooze them in my view because there is a big rift between him and the Rush Limbaugh crowd)
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Tom, any chance the pair might stick together all the way to the White house.
    McCain and the Huckster
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 10:57 AM
    I think that is the unstated quid-pro-quo .

Rumors today say that Romney is "suspending " his campaign. The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Romney has bowed out of the race. It was just announced.

That leaves McCain, Huckabee, and Paul / Obama and Clinton.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 7, 2008, 11:44 AM
    I just watched his exit speech and I thought it to be quite eloquent.
    I also like why he's suspending his campaign.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 04:15 AM
    who's Evita ?

Eva (Evita) Peron was the wife of Argentine President (dictator) Juan Peron. He and Evita met at a festival for earthquake victims. "She literally elbowed her way through the crowd to be able to meet him and sit next to him," Evita became Peron's mistress, and in 1945, the year before he was elected president, they were married. "Through Peron," says Tomas Eloy Martinez, an Argentine journalist and author of the 1996 novel Santa Evita "Evita acquired self-confidence; he granted her legitimacy, being a military man marrying a woman who was both an actress and of bad reputation and illegitimate. When she realized how much power there was, she wanted to use that power to avenge the humiliations she had suffered."

She was very influential during her husband's Presidency and expressed a desire to become V.P. and most likely she would've strived for the Presidency . She was known for her popularity among the labor class of Argentina and her ambition. Her political wagon was hitched onto the success of her husband. As the only person Peron trusted completely, Eva, who held no office of her own, served as his political hatchet person, driving out high officials he wanted to oust.
    Eva Perón - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Las Mujeres :: Eva Peron

When she died Juan Peron had her embalmed so that her looks could be forever preserved . On Sept. 23, 1971, in the iron Gate suburb of Madrid, a van delivered a black wooden coffin to the mansion where Juan Peron, Argentina's exiled dictator, lived in bitter exile with Isabel, his third wife. In it lay the body of his second wife, Eva Duarte Peron. Missing for almost two decades but perfectly preserved, the embalmed corpse had been spirited out of Argentina by the generals who had ousted Peron and buried anonymously in an Italian grave. Now the generals had returned the body to Peron.He had Evita's coffin set up on the dining table.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Clueless! [ 3 Answers ]

HEY, Im a freshmen in high school and I like this guy I don't know anything about him but I like him very much. My friends thinks he's ugly but I really don't care about how the person looks I seen him today in the café but I was to shy to say anything I would like to date him or if not get to...

I am so clueless! [ 9 Answers ]

Ughh, I feel dumb even asking this, like I am 15 years old again (I'm actually 30), but it's been a long time since I've been in this situation and I am feeling uncertain here. I am not going into a long-winded explanation, so I will just give the basics. I have recently realized I have a crush on...

I am clueless, help me please... [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, I know that I keep asking questions, but I have been researching, and I am still concerned. I read that if you go off your birth control pill then you might miss a period. What I don't understand well what I am confused about is that I was off birth control for last month and I...

View more questions Search