Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Big10 Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Aug 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Sean:

I love Chinese people. I'm American. However, being ever the cynic, if polls like this were to be believed, racism doesn't exist here in our fair country, and we know that's not true.

excon

True. I use to be from the South, and I have to admit, there is a lot of racism (which I use to be a part of myself). But not all Americans are like this, and I'm much more open minded now. I've made 1 Chinese friend, and I have to say that his inight and wisdom is out of this world. I hope I am so lucky as to make more Chinese friends.

Aug 4, 2007, 06:26 PM
    excon agrees: You're just doing it for the food...

Haha. Busted.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 06:29 PM
    LOL, well, I am living in the South, I love people here, so sweet!:)
    I always meet american guys that says hello in Japanese or Chinese to me since I know two languages anyway:)
    I love SWEAT TAE!:D ( in the southern accent)
    I don't see any racism yet, you just be so swaet to mey!;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 06:42 PM
    excon agrees: Whale, yoo show is perty.

THANK You! Would u LARk some Swaet Tae? :D

P.S. and da baptist whaaaaat boys LurVE asian girls:D in da South
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Yes in the south it is better to be chinese than be from the NORTH>

There is still a lot of black and white issues, but many of the other minories don't get near as many issues,
    And it will also be different depending on your social and economic situation, if you are dealing with more upper middle class or lower level.

I can take you to trailer parks or projects where I would be scared to go.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Exactly, luckily, I have been surrounded by open minded mid or higher class people at school or at work. I don't talk loud at Ingels, because you never know... ;)

Aug 5, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Yes in the south it is better to be chinese than be from the NORTH>

There is still alot of black and white issues, but many of the other minories don't get near as many issues,
    And it will also be different depending on your social and economic situation, if you are dealing with more upper middle class or lower level.

I can take you to trailer parks or projects where I would be scared to go.
    I'm not sure about the North thing. I think everyone can agree that because of discrimination, it's better to be white in the South before you are of any other race (like Black, Mexican or Chinese). But that's because of the racism that's planted into people.
    Yeah there is a lot of division in the South between people. Some are very poor and some are very rich too. I'm not rich, but would say wealthy... so maybe my class, I'm not sure, has something to with the racism I was taught. But since I have moved and met new people, I've changed a lot and realize I was being trained to be an idiot.

I can't believe I said that. It's strange to realize that "yeah I was 'taught' to be racist" and wasn't born racist. Anyway, bring on the Chinese because they're the best kept secret from the South. And yes, lol their food is delicious too.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Big10
    I'm not sure about the North thing. I think everyone can agree that because of discrimination, it's better to be white in the South before you are of any other race (like Black, Mexican or Chinese). But that's because of the racism that's planted into people.
    Yeah there is a lot of division in the South between people. Some are very poor and some are very rich too. I'm not rich, but would say wealthy...so maybe my class, I'm not sure, has something to with the racism I was taught. But since I have moved and met new people, I've changed a lot and realize I was being trained to be an idiot.

I can't believe I said that. It's strange to realize that "yeah I was 'taught' to be racist" and wasn't born racist. Anyway, bring on the Chinese because they're the best kept secret from the South. And yes, lol their food is delicious too.
    If you are wealthy you should have found out that many Chinese in America owning high education and can be very wealthy. I grow up and work with higher or mid class Caucasian I didn't really see any racism towards me. I might just don't take things personal or have always been a wonderful citizen getting along well with everyone.

Aug 5, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    If you are wealthy you should have found out that many Chinese in America owning high education and can be very wealthy. I grow up and work with higher or mid class caucasion I didn't really see any racism towards me. I might just don't take things personal or have always been a wonderful citizen getting along well with everyone.

I'm not sure if you understood me. Fr_Chuck was saying that certain classes could be the problem. And I was saying I am pretty wealthy, so I don't know, maybe my social position in society, in the South, could have been a racist one.

I was never saying that "Chinese people can't be wealthy or educated." I'm sorry that you thought I was saying that. And from reading your posts, you are a great example of how Chinese people can be, like any race, very educated and successful.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 12:56 PM
    And I was saying I am pretty wealthy, so I don't know, maybe my social position in society, in the South, could have been a racist one.
    Nah, don't think that way, you are completely a great person, people are mistaken as racists because their social position. You are NOT, and I found usually higher position citiznes are not, your education and traveling experience has helped your being open minded.

And from reading your posts, you are a great example of how Chinese people can be, like any race, very educated and successful.
    Thanks, I always believe "we learn from each other". I appreicate the opportunity to stay in this country and I have made wonderful american friends all over the places. Thank America!:)
    natetheskate Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Aug 6, 2007, 01:43 AM
    The Chinese have a dated calendar of near 4600 years.
    nihaolzw Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 11:03 PM
    I'm chinese
    Just smile when you don't kown what to do
    Then you start about business

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If someone can speak chinese, I need your help! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I have found this forum to be quite valuable and I am hoping someone can help me out. I am looking to purchase some goods from a Chinese manufcature and import them to Australia. The product in particular are chair covers and the prices I have been quoted are very cheap. The...

Chinese tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, a friend of mine wants to tattoo chinese letters saying "only best is good enough". Does anyone knows how is that written in chinese? Thanks.

Chinese Word? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear; I want to confirm if Moten Or Motten or Motan Or Pasechi Moten Or Pasechi are chinese words and if so what are their meanings.Please Help Me.(EXPERT OPINION NEEDED) Thanks.(I'm in urgent need)

The number 8 in Chinese [ 2 Answers ]

Need the spelling in Chinese of the number 8 (eight) and the correct way it is pronounced. Thx!

Chinese meals [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to try out some chinese meals (I got a set of chopstick, so I want to put them to use). What would you recommend for a beginner? I hear they got all kinds of funny combinations like meat with honey and whatnot, so just name me something that will not be THAT strange in the beginning. If I...

View more questions Search