I recently relocated my laundry machine into a newly converted laundry room. I am having a problem with Drain water from Washing machine backing up in my kitchen sink. I installed a circular rubber seal on drain pipe at the opening, using caulk. The rubber disk creates a tight seal around the washing machine drain hose. (Originally before I installed it, the water would shoot out the top of the drain pipe. With seal installed, it drains but backs up into kitchen sink.) I can provide a photo of the plumbing setup, via email.
Is it a case that I need a Vent Pipe for the Stand Pipe, or a Studor Vent near the Stand Pipe? I don't know the correct applications for Studor Vents versus Vent Pipes.