Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    amicus_tobias's Avatar
    amicus_tobias Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 3, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Where can I find 4'' to 1'' pvc adapter
    Now I have two pipes, one is of 4'' diameter, the other one being 1 1/16'' in diameter and I need a pvc adapter to connect them. But I could not find anything like this online, so I need some help in this. Thank you.
    speedball1's Avatar
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

    Aug 3, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicus_tobias View Post
    now I have two pipes, one is of 4'' diameter, the other one being 1 1/16'' in diameter and i need a pvc adapter to connect them. but i could not find anything like this online, so i need some help in this. thank you.
    Hey Toby, This is your lucky day. I'm going to give you some options.
    You can reduce by bushing it down or a reducing coupling.
    To bush down you will need a 4" PVC coupling and a 4 X 2" PVC Bushing, (see image) from Aubuchon Hardware model# 70242 at $8.49 a copy. Check it out at Find PVC Bushings and other Pipe Fittings PVC & CPVC at Aubuchon Hardware

    To reduce down you will need a 4 X 2" PVC reducing coupling, (see image) #70142 from Genova Products at $8.29. Go see at; Reducing Coupling, 4" x 2" # 70142 by Genova Products
    You can pick up a 2 X 1" PVC bushing almost anyplace so you're all set to go.
    Don't forget to purchase purple primer and PVC cement. Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal's Avatar
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

    Aug 5, 2009, 09:01 PM

    Good advice, Tom. I just want to add: all you need can be purchased for few pennies in Home Depot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 volt adapter vs 6 volt adapter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a table top cooling fan that requires a 6 volt 400 ma adapter. Is it safe to use a 12 volt 300 ma adapter with it or will it burn the fan up?

Wii adapter [ 4 Answers ]

Hi we got a wii for Christmas and saw that we can hook it up to the internet. Is there any other way beside the wii adapter. Anything cheaper I can buy or go to a store and buy. I don't want to order one I want to just go buy one.

Laptop ad adapter [ 3 Answers ]

I have an compaq Presario 2500 and I got an THE UNIVERSAL AC TO DC POWER/SUPPLY ADAPTER FOR HP/COMPAQ LAPTOPS from eBay, and I have to select a voltage before I use it and I don't know which one to put it at. Here is the Ac adapter specification here. 1. input volts- Ac 100V-240V 50-60Hz...

Netgear USB Adapter [ 1 Answers ]

I have two USB adapters and cannot get either to work. I know I may be a little dense. I am trying to link a Laptop (which has its own adapter) to my PC and thereby to my Printer, but I give up!!

USB - PS2 (p/s2) adapter [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a laptop with XP and a dancemat which I use with it by using a USB-PS2 adapter - effectively the dancemat is a keyboard. This works fine with an old adapter of a friend which has the words "AWG space shuttle-c CSA LL80671 AWM IIA/B 80 degrees c 30" written on the wire. I bought a new...

View more questions Search