I had a pipe break recently in the water line running to a workshop behind my house. The existing pipe is galvanized that was buried and eventually rusted through. I want to abandon the pipe completely and run a new line.

I am on a budget so... What about the white plastic pipe? What type should I use for servicing mini kitchen, shower, toilet, etc...

Also is galvanized a good choice? Probably not because it rusted out? It may be fifty years old though.

Any advice greatly appreciated!