Hi there,

I am currently in the process of remodeling a bathroom in a cottage set on a slab foundation. I discovered that by removing the standup shower and the waterheater that was next to it, I have enough room for a tub. The problem is that the main drain for the shower is not on the same spot I need for the tub. It needs to be moved at least ten inches toward the drain side of the tub. The town sewer drain under the tub is steel/metal. Can I just jack hammer a bit of the slab, making room for the overflow drain, and connect to the metal main drain with PVC? Or is there a more commonly used method among professionals.

Thank You!