Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !

    Three-knob Jameco tub valve repair

    Asked Dec 7, 2007, 02:29 PM 2 Answers
    I would like to repair the tub in our bathroom because the cold water runs constantly (not full power, but a steady trickle) and the diverter valve allows too much water to run to the tub spigot, giving us very low water pressure for the shower. One of the wall flanges is branded "Jameco/CBM."
    After removing the handle and the metal sleeve from the diverter knob, I found a plastic "cap" which pulled out easily with pliers (See picture below).
    Now I am left with a brass stem attached to the plastic core of the valve, but I don't know how to remove it. I have tried pulling on the metal piece, but it doesn't seem to budge. Unfortunately there is no access to the tub plumbing without removing the fiberglass shower insert, and this isn't an option right now since this is our only bathroom. Is there any way to remove/repair these valves? (I have little experience with plumbing.)
    I will try to attach a couple of pictures in case I didn't explain well enough.
    Thank you for your help.

    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Search this Question
    Share |
    2 Answers
    ballengerb1's Avatar
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,379, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

    Dec 7, 2007, 04:45 PM

    Your valve looks a bit like a Moen, you are looking at the handle end of a cartridge that should come straight out after removing a small pin or clip along the side of the brass valve body. Once the clip is pulled perpendicular to the valve then pull out on the stem with a pair of plyers. I plastic knob is likely a stop tha prevents people from trying to use totally hot, no cold water. Take the cartrdige wuith you to the home stoore and tell the guy in the plumbing aisle you'd like a refill.
    lexus8261's Avatar
    lexus8261 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 12, 2012, 06:16 PM
    I'm having a problem with a shower diverter . When I'm taking a shower and turn the knob very little water comes out of the shower spout .


    Email is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair shower diverter valve of Moen Monticello spout [ 5 Answers ]

The shower diverter valve in the spout of my Moen Moentrol Single-Handle Tub/Shower spout has recently started leaking; i.e. when the shower is turned on, water now comes out of both the tub spout and the shower. This unit was an original installation in about 1999. I note that it has a slot on...

Leaking Shut off Valve-How do I repair it? [ 2 Answers ]

Went to fix a leaking sink in my bathroom. Turn off the water shut off valve in the basement when I went to turn the water back on (fix the leaky sink)the shut off valve will not stop leaking. How do I repair it?:confused:

Changing the valve in a Price Pfister single knob shower control [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to replace a leaky valve in a price Pfister shower control knob but can't figure out how to remove the old valve. Is there a special tool for this? Thanks

Kenmore waher repair-pump or valve? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, Our Kenmore Catalyst Wahing Machine won't drain... it stopped after the wash cycle. We ran the diagnostics according to the repair maunal, but how do we know if this a problem with the solenoid valve or the pump? Thanks!

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search