Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2015, 10:06 PM
    Lost water pressure in the hole house
    Lost water pressure in the hole house comes and goes. I have not done anything at this time. City states everything is OK at their end. Maybe I have air in the line / tank and all that has to be done is to bleed the tank?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 1, 2015, 03:09 AM
    Unless you live in England/Ireland/Europe, (they do funny things over there) or you are on a well system, you don't have a tank. If you are on a well system, what would the city have to do with your problem? There is no such thing as air in the lines of a municipal system in the US. Any air in a water supply line under pressure comes out as soon as a faucet is opened.

You probably have a pressure reducing valve (PRV) that is failing. It is most likely failing because of debris. Remove and clean the screen or replace the valve.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did yearly maintenance on gas water heater, lost all hot water pressure [ 45 Answers ]

Hello, I just followed the instructions to drain, clean, and refill my gas hot water heater here: http://www.instructables.com/id/water-heater-maintenance/ After finishing, I seem to have no hot water pressure whatsoever. The water input is open, and (when turned on), hot water comes out of...

Why has my house lost water pressure from well [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost all water pressure. All faucets and others water outlets down to a trickle. I am on a well, tank has no pressure indicator, separate pressure indicator reading zero. Any idea

Water pressure was lost to house during which time toilets had been flushed now that [ 0 Answers ]

Water pressure was lost to house during which time toilets had been flushed now that water pressure has been restored have airlock in pipes, since then if heating is put on in combi boiler water pressure is lost within three quarters of an hour being turn off can anyone help airlock sounds every...

Lost water pressure throughout entire house [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. About 4.5 weeks ago, we began building an inground pool in our backyard. It is now complete and works beautifully. At some point since then, the water pressure throughout the entire house has dropped by about 1/3 to 1/2. The pool builder says it should not have anything to do with the...

View more questions Search