Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rush_2929 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2015, 04:58 PM
    Water leaking from cold water knob on tub faucet
    I went to turn the water off on my bathtub faucet because it was leaking. I turned the hot water off fine but when I tried to turn the cold water off, I guess something broke. Because water came shooting out from behind the knob and I couldn't turn it tight. It kept turning. So I turned the water off coming into the house and removed both the knobs. From what some people have told me I'm pretty sure I can fix this on my own. But what parts do I need and how do I take the faucet off? I looks like this but the shower latch is closer to the wall.

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 23, 2015, 05:34 PM
    Your valve probably has plastic stems and you either broke the cold water stem or striped the splines on the stem that make it turn when you turn the knob. Either way easy to fix. No you don't have to take the valve off the wall.

Show us a picture of the valve with the knobs removed.

Jun 23, 2015, 05:47 PM
    Not really able to do that. But I see the plastic white pieces the knobs screw onto.

Jun 23, 2015, 06:05 PM
    If you remove the knob can you turn the stem with a pair of pliers?

Jun 23, 2015, 10:10 PM
    I'm sure I can I haven't tried it because I lost one hose under the house. I could crawl under there and get it I still might but I might just call a professional and have them fix it. Because one hose is hard to get to because the access whole is small and it might have to be cut open bigger. Lol I'll probably just find an inexpensive plumber in the mornin. Thanks

Jun 24, 2015, 04:41 AM
    nexpensive plumber
    ]

There is no such thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't get HOT water from the bath tub faucet, just a trickle of cold water. [ 2 Answers ]

Bathtub (no shower) has single handle faucet which provides plenty of cold water however zero hot water. Instead there is a trickle of cold water. Just starting to research this so I haven't done anything other than check the manifold shutoff valve to make sure the hot water one is in the "on"...

Hot water knob stopped working in shower, cold water knob still works [ 1 Answers ]

My shower has two handles, one for hot and one for cold water. This morning when I turned the hot water knob off after my shower it worked fine at first but then the handle started to feel like it was turning really loosely and it never came to a hard stop (it kept spinning in the same direction as...

One knob. No hot water - in tub faucet [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, My 15 year old Michigan home has a One knob dial that does not move up or dow. It turns on by rotating to the left. Lets call off- position #1. Position #2 is the position in question... and then there is position #3. When in position #1- Water is off. As the knob is turned to the...

View more questions Search