Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    banidog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Saddle valve stuck
    I have a saddle valve under the house. I went under to it off, ice maker broke that it was going to and it wouldn't turn. I was wondering if I should spray it with a liq wrench? Or take pliers and force it to turn?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 09:31 AM
    Hi Banidog

Take a pair of pliers and force the handle to turn. When you turn the saddle valve back on be prepared for the packing nut (behind handle) to drip... just give the nut a 1/8-1/4 turn to snug the packing nut up to fix that (hold the valve body with another pair of pliers, if needed)!

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Saddle Valve [ 3 Answers ]

I Have a saddle valve that allows water flow to a furnace humidifier. I can not shut it off nor turn the valve stem. Can a saddle valve be replaced or does one install a new piece of copper pipe and then install the valve?

Saddle valve leaking? [ 10 Answers ]

I have just installed a new valve, and I'm waiting for the device to go behind it (therefore no back pressure). Trouble is when fully shut it still lets out about a gallon in 7 hours. Does anyone know if this is normal or a defective valve?

Saddle valve [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a saddle valve for an icemaker/refrigerator. It says the line should be 1/2 inch that the saddle valve goes on. Can it be 3/8 inch instead?

Self piercing saddle valve [ 3 Answers ]

When installing a saddle valve should you pierce the water line in front or behind the water shut off?

View more questions Search