Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosco2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Installing a shower drain for tiled floor
    I am replacing our tub with a tiled shower. I am moving the drain to the center. Does the new drain for the tiled floor mount flush with the existing subfloor. The drain I purchase is labelled for tiled shower and has a bevel edge on the widest part of the drain and a screw drain to accommodate the pan mud.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 23, 2007, 12:30 PM
    " Does the new drain for the tiled floor mount flush with the existing subfloor?"

You will install a flange type shower drain,(see image) ON the subfloor. No need to recess it. Run your pan up the wall 8 inches and make your corners seamless.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Leaking Tiled Shower Stall Floor Drain... [ 1 Answers ]

We had our shower stall replaced in 1998 due to the pan beneath the tile leaking... a new liner and re-tile job was done... well, now there is a wet spot below in the same spot and after opening the ceiling, I find that the plastic fitting going into the plastic floor hub is leaking. Looks like the...

Need help installing a shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

I have installed an acrylic/fiberglass shower base on the second Floor (no underneath access) where there was a previous and very cheap shower base. The new base is now cemented and firmly in place. The 2" PVC drain extends into the drain- - it is a "caulkless" BK with a compression ring and...

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search