Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricky1979 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
    Low hot water pressure on some faucets and shower
    I recently replaced my water softener w/ a GE model number GXSF40H and I have extremely low hot water pressure on some faucets. I also noticed that there is white debris at the spigot. I also have a tankless water heater. How do I solve this issue?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Did you use white teflon tape when you installed the softner? Could it be tape, bits of salt or a build up of calcium that has broken loose. Tell us about the texture and feel of the debris between you finger, roll it around. Once we fifure out what the debris is then we cure that issue and remove all cartrdiges and aerators to clean them all out.
    ricky1979 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 04:19 PM
    It seems as if it is calcium buildup...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come I have low hot water pressure on only to faucets in the house ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just had to replace the heating elaments now I have very low water pressure on the hot water side only only with 2 locations. Location 1 is the washer by the tank & the other is the jack 7 jill that's not even the fartherest away.

Low hot water pressure after fixing faucets [ 2 Answers ]

Just fixed two leaking Peerless faucets (two-handles, one spout) in the bathroom and kitchen; in both cases the hot water couldn't be fully shut off. The shutoff valves didn't work, so the house shutoff valve was used. (In the process of finding it I first tried shutting off the HW heater intake...

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

Low Hot Water Pressure --All faucets [ 8 Answers ]

Title says it all. I read and reread all the other posts asking this same question but am still unsure so let me lay it all out. I am on city water using an electric HW heater. I have recently noticed a drastic drop in pressure on the hot side only (all faucets /showers). When I first turn the...

Low hot water pressure in a couple faucets [ 3 Answers ]

Within the last 48 hours, two faucets suddenly have really poor hot water pressure. The kitchen faucet has low pressure on hot; on cold it is fine. Right around the corner in the half bath, the hot water pressure is great. Upstairs in the bathroom we have a double sink; one of the hot waters...

View more questions Search