Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khancock8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 06:47 PM
    How deep should I bury my water waterline to prevent freezing?
    I live in East Texas 75773 zip and 903 area code!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Hi Khancock8

Freeze lines differ by state and county so you really need to call your local building department and ask them for such critical information.

In my area water lines need to be buried between 3 and 4 feet down. In your area I'm betting the depth requirement is much less.

Save yourself time/effort and call your local inspector, or if necessary, call an inspector in a nearby town... should have similar requirements, OK?

I'd love to know your required depth if you have time once you find out!

Good luck!

Mark
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 29, 2012, 05:02 AM
    And on the South West Coast of Florida we sink our water lines down 18". Just follow Marks advice. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing water line for coke machine from existing laundry room waterline [ 23 Answers ]

Hello all, First time poster here... What Im wanting to do is install a Soda Fountain in my laundry room for fresh carbonated beverages :) I bought a used Cornelious 8head dispenser that looks like this.. http://server3.maxanet.com/tma/tma4/29.JPG

Question on shutting off water to prevent pipes from freezing [ 6 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, I came home from a week long vacation to find that my furnace had failed. Fortunately it was not cold enough that any pipes froze. I have since had the furnace repaired, however I am wondering what the proper procedure would be to prevent damage from occurring had the outdoor...

Drain pipe from garage to house: 15 yards away. How to prevent freezing? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like hot and cold water and toilet in my garage which is 15 yards behind the house. I need to connect to the house's drain pipe. How do I deal with the drain pipe to prevent freezing while maintaining the proper slope.

Pole buildings how deep bury the posts [ 1 Answers ]

building a 12 x 24' wood shed/ shed style roof. Using 6x6 posts, how deep do they need to be ? 24" 36" , in concrete.

How would the boiling and freezing points of distilled water and sea water compare? [ 1 Answers ]

How would the boiling and freezing points of distilled water and sea water compare?

View more questions Search