Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vikingdaddy1 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
    PEX pipe
    I need to run some water lines for a bathroom I am installing in my basement. All the water line in my house now are PEX lines. If I need to run lines for sink,toilet and shower can I tap into a hot and cold line any where and use one line split off three ways too run all. Or is there a better way to do this? Also is the PEX a better way to go or would copper be better
    Thanks for the help by the way,you provide a great service to all in need of help:D
    BRIAN
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2007, 07:15 PM
    in atlanta you can not use a 1/2" tee on a water distribution system. i think the code allows it but they don't allow it here. for your system, i would easily say yes, you can tap in but i would tap into 3/4" lines and have the shower bring a 1/2" line from the 3/4" line. You would need a 3/4" tee for the tap, then a 3/4" x 1/2" x 1/2" for the shower and a 1/2" to split the toilet and lavatory on the cold side and the same minus the 1/2" tee for the hot. I personally do not favor pex but many do. It is legal and code approved. It is also the easiest if you have the crimp tool. Cpvc is the least expensive, but to maintain consistancy I would probably stay with the pex. Copper would be more expensive and time consuming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pex Plumbing [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping some one can help with my question regarding Pex plumbing (AKA Zurn Pex). I have recently run Zurn Pex throughout my renovated home for use in baseboard heating. The pex is used for supply and return and traditional copper baseboard will be installed as the heating element. The plan...

Thoughts on PEX plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

We are thinking of replacing all the hot and cold water pipes from the main to the fixtures with Aquapex tubing system. This was recommended by a local plumber that we got an estimate from. I've done a few research, but am curious to what others' experiences are with this. Thank you. Gheri

PEX and Stubouts / Terminations [ 2 Answers ]

I decided to use PEX in my renovation with a manifold/home run set up. Have already pulled all the tubing to each fixture, the manifolds have been mounted and connected, no leaks all is well. I'm undecided on how to handle the termination of each fixture tube. Under cabinets (kitchen island sink,...

Sizing guide for pex supplies [ 5 Answers ]

hello again speedball, so I've decided to tackle my pex plumbing project myself and not shell out $700 to the "I know a guy" guy. From what I've read so far, sizing pex is the same as copper, but I value your input greatly. I am running supplies for an attic half bath. The total run for...

View more questions Search