Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbekele Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2011, 07:55 AM
    The furnce in my basement stopped working afte an electric shortage happened
    The heat and cold furnace was working fine until an electric shortage created yesterday. What could be the problem?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2011, 07:56 AM

Probably the contactor switch went. That's the part that went in my furnace after a power outage sometime ago. It was a $125 part plus service charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne Electric Furnace fan stopped working? [ 1 Answers ]

We only use our Furnace when our home is empty. The furnace runs but the blower does not kick in. We had an electrician install a new switch or coupler? (not sure what he did) last year and it worked but now the same thing again, no blower fan - any ideas?

Basement electrical outlet stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

A basement electrical outlet I use constantly for my fridge & microwave just stopped working all of a sudden. It's not getting any power at all. I've flipped all the breakers on & off because I'm unsure which breaker goes to that outlet but nothing. How am I to make sure the outlet's power will be...

I have a maytag performa electric dryer just stopped working. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a maytag performa electric dryer. Last Saturday in the middle of load it just stopped. I checked the breaker box it was good checked the lint catch it was good too. Help please.

Electric Outlet just stopped working [ 5 Answers ]

Any idea why my outside electric outlet would just stop working? It worked just fine the other day. Nothing unusual happened but today it doesn't work. Thanks

Electric plugs stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

I have lived in this new house for ten years and have never had a plug problem. However, sometime in the last month the plugs do not work in my two bathrooms. To use a hair dryer I have to go to another room. I checked the circuit breakers and do not find any off.

View more questions Search