Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhantoM916 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 04:50 AM
    My ex-wife.
    Well first off she isn't really my ex-wife we just said we were married.

Here is where my story begins. I met the most beautiful girl in the world the one every guy dreams he'll marry. We dated for 2 1/2 years. I got a full time job after school. While she had one more year to go. We had been through a lot together. Anyway so I get this job working like crazy. She began to pull away from me always being busy and what not. When I wanted to see her she could see me and back and forth. Well anyway I broke up with her. After a month I felt really bad like I had made a horrible mistake. So I tried to get back with her. It was to late she was seeing someone. Well I kept at it because I loved her so much. Now its 10 months later I have had to watch her date 4 different guys. She never cared how I felt about any of it. I always thought it was about her getting back at me. So I said to myself I love her so much its worth it. But now its hit a all time low. I quit my job, opened my own store. I barely even work anymore. But she never has time for me to busy with her twin sister. Now she started going to clubs. She says she only dances with her friends. Well anyway here is the question. Recently she got mad at me while she was with her twin she told me she is dating someone else and stated that she never wants to be with me again. This is right after I spent the night with her and she told me how much she couldn't live without me and what not. Then tonight she got home and said she was sorry and that she was lying just trying to make me mad. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm so lost. I have no one to turn to. Both my brothers are live really far never really speak to them. My parents I don't talk to anymore I left home at 16. My best friend is in jail. Im just so lost I don't know who to turn to. She was my best friend and my girl. What should I do? I don't make any sense at all I know and I'm sorry for that.

Feb 1, 2007, 04:51 AM
    Sorry my question is should I keep trying or just give up? I can't make up my mind. I love her to death but I can't keep living life this way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Streak of bad luck, huh! An enterprising guy like you has no business chasing after a very young immature female at all. Get busy working for your own future and leave this female and her sister alone. You are to far beyond these types of females. Way beyond. Enjoy your life and stay on your course as now, without her you are free to meet a female who is a real woman who is as serious about life as you are.

Feb 1, 2007, 06:06 AM
    I know. But she was like my first love I don't want to sound lame. But its just really really hard to let her go. I just don't know how to do that. It will be 6pm and ill be wondering what she is doing right then. How can I break that cycle?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 06:13 AM
    It is not love at this point it is an obsession, you sound like you need professional help.

Feb 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Wow.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantoM916
    I know. But she was like my first love i dont want to sound lame. But its just really really hard to let her go. I just dont know how to do that. It will be 6pm and ill be wondering what she is doing right then. How can i break that cycle?
    Yeah those first loves will do that to you. All of us to be honest. Just stop all contact, no texting, emails, phone calls, and get busy doing the things you enjoy with out her in your life, sports, a gym, JOB, and over time you will feel less and less wacky for her. I'm 53 and still think of my first (Don't ask how long ago that was, I can't remember) so you will never lose that feeling completely, but as you allow yourself to heal from the break-up you will handle those feelings better, and that's what its about, handling our feelings in a healthy positive way. Time will take care of you if you let it. Read the story of some of the other posters here such as Skell, or Chuff, to name two who have sat in your shoes to get some insights. You can do this, but it ain't easy, as you'll have good days and really crappy ones. Its about taking the steps to make you better and happy to be YOU.

Feb 1, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Yeah those first loves will do that to you. All of us to be honest. Just stop all contact, no texting, emails, phone calls, and get busy doing the things you enjoy with out her in your life, sports, a gym, JOB, and over time you will feel less and less wacky for her. I'm 53 and still think of my first (Don't ask how long ago that was, I can't remember) so you will never lose that feeling completely, but as you allow yourself to heal from the break-up you will handle those feelings better, and thats what its about, handling our feelings in a healthy positive way. Time will take care of you if you let it. Read the story of some of the other posters here such as Skell, or Chuff, to name two who have sat in your shoes to get some insights. You can do this, but it ain't easy, as you'll have good days and really crappy ones. Its about taking the steps to make you better and happy to be YOU.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife won't help out. [ 13 Answers ]

My wife refuses to help out around the house. We have three children and have been married for 10 years, during this time she has constantly lost, or lied about having jobs, but when it comes time to help out with expenses she acts childish and refuses to talk about this. Me and my children are...

Wife doesn't know what she wants [ 2 Answers ]

My wife doesn't know what she wants out of our marriage, she seems depressed and is not overly interested in changing who she is. She also doesn't want to commit to fixing whatever is missing in our relationship. I am wondering what I should do and if there is anything I can do. Or do I wait it...

I am filling F1 and my wife H1 [ 3 Answers ]

I am filling as F1 as I am still a student. My wife was a student till May 2005 but after which she got a job. So, she is currently on H1. 1. what is a procedure to fill taxes for H1? 2. can we fill the taxes together so that we pay less to Uncle SAM?

I am in F-1, wife in H-1 [ 1 Answers ]

I am in F-1 visa, and my wife is in H-1. We have been staying in the US since August 2000. Till last year we used to file as "Married filing separately", but this year I figured that if we do that we will pay more taxes. My question is can my wife file "Married filing jointly" for both of us?...

View more questions Search