Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xelly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Low water pressure oil hot water heating system
    How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 09:46 AM
    There is a pipe that comes into the boiler from the water system you drink from, the pipe will then have a valve (that should remain open) to a backflow preventer, then into a pressure reducing valve, there are many different kinds of reducing valves and most are adjustable. 12psi cold to 18psi hot should be the pressure in the system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water heating system [ 3 Answers ]

Thans for your help in adavance, I have a hot water heating system boiler with a red pump at the side of the boiler. I would like to know does the pump pushes the water through the System.or pull the water back to the boiler.:rolleyes:

Low water pressure from hot water tank [ 8 Answers ]

I drained my water supply when fitting new bathroom suite I have turn the mains water back on but I am not getting any pressure from the hot water taps the cold is fine

Water central heating system loses pressure [ 5 Answers ]

The central heating system in my 50 year old home seems to be losing water pressure. We thought it might be due to some pipes that were running in a concrete slab and had leaked. We bypassed that, but now the pressure is still not holding. We see no leaks anywhere. Any ideas?

Low water pressure, too much hot water [ 1 Answers ]

Changed water filter approximately 2 weeks ago. Since then, we've had reduced water pressure at kitchen faucet and in shower. I've also noticed there's too much hot water in the shower (I have to turn the cold water almost completely off to get a comfortable temp, which explains the low flow BUT...

View more questions Search