Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EGregorcic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 08:59 PM
    Weird toilet problem
    I've researched the web & haven't found a problem quite like this, possibly there's more than one problem going on... Toilet in our main floor washroom makes a lot of noise--I can see it's a leaky fill valve. If I adjust the float adjustment screw on top of the fill valve I can get the noise & water leaking to stop, but then ALL the water drains quickly out of the bowl. To have water in the bowl, we have to put up with the noise/leaky fill valve. To have no noise, we have to put up with having no water in the bowl What gives? Thanks anyone who can help!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 12:57 PM
    Sounds like you have a compound issue, bad fill valve and bad flapper. If you are adjusting a screw on top, you probably have an older style ballcock. Replace the fill valve with the newer floating fill valve and then a new flapper. If the flapper seat is rough, you can install a 1 piece repair kit with a flapper attached.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Electrical Problem [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a very weird electrical problem, that I was hoping you could help me with. Sometimes, all the lights on one circuit will go out and the breaker is not tripped. Resetting the breaker does nothing. However, if I plug the iron in to an outlet, the lights magically come back on. ...

Really weird problem [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old I thought my period was like almost finished because it's been brown all day.. but I just went pee.. and whipped.. and on the tiolet paper was like a bright yellowish colour.. and red red blood... it kindah looked like red discharge.. yes I've been to the docters for a discharge...

A weird problem with my dial up [ 2 Answers ]

Now a day, I usually get disconnected but the two small comuters (the connection icon) still remains on my taskbar and even if I try to disconnect it, it does't work. When I try to connect again, it says that your modem is already in use. Every time this problem occurs, I have to restart my...

91 Civic weird problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Looking for some advice with my 2001 Civic 1.6 vtec manual. It starts and runs fine, but at low speeds (like when trying to just trickle along just off tickover in first gear), it doesn't run smooth but does this kind of rhythmic 'lurch'. Also (which may be connected) when you change...

A weird problem.. please help me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks ahead, for anyone who'd try to help me figuring out what's going on with my computer. I have this problem over the past two years! But it somehow solved and occur by itself.. Anyway here it is: I have my two computer, one desktop and one laptop, connected through a switching hub(8...

View more questions Search