Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jj375 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 04:50 PM
    Can I tie into an existing sewer vent the terminates out the side of the house
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 06:01 PM

Hi Jj...

What are you connecting here? What size is the vent that goes out the side of the building?
    Basically, we need lots more information to give a reasonable answer, OK?

Mark
    jj375 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
    4" cast iron comes in from the rain gutter to sewer and has a 4" cast vent that exits the building out the side of the foundation.I need to vent a 1 1/2 pvc for a basement bath.getting to the roof is a problem.do you have any suggestions on where to locate a vent satck through the first floor to exit out roof?interior walls are too narrow and was considering exposed in a closet.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 10:48 AM

Hi JJ

I would expose it in the right or left FRONT of the closet corner... most likely will never be seen tucked over like this.

Also, note here that if you are venting an entire bathroom or even just a toilet and sink the minimum vent size in 95% of the United States is going to be a 2" pipe... ;)

Questions? Let me know, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad smell after rainfall plantings have died on side of house not sewer and septic [ 5 Answers ]

Bad smell after rain.sewer and plumbing tested,not cause. Gas Co. testd for propane leak,not the cause. Plants have died on that side of house. Soil tested, not cause. Generally wet ground on that side of house. House 16 years old but problem started about 18 months ago. Tile floor cracked but slab...

Can New laundry room tie vent and drain with existing shower that shares a wall [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering moving laundry upstairs to small bedroom that shares a wall with existing bathroom. The wall they have in common has a shower and toilet. I plan to have washer positioned on other vside of wall from shower stall. Will that configuration allow me to tie in laundry drain/vent to...

Sewer tie in [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone give me info on septic tie in from an existing septic tank to town sewer system

Tie into existing pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how attach a shower drain to a 3" stack pipe. I would just cut the pipe off an inch or so above the concrete, but there is a coupling at ground level! I need to cut the pipe, but didn't know of a way to attach back up. I went to the local hardware store and found a union for a...

New bath on slab (tie into existing lines) [ 3 Answers ]

I plan on adding another bath into an apartment I have attached to a hangar building. It has an existing septic system with a kitchen / bath and laundry on it now. I want to add a shower, toilet and lav to the new bath. This needs to function well, but there is no permit or inspection...

View more questions Search