Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidevans Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 11:20 PM
    Plumbing
    A pressure relief valve has been suggested to prevent the problem I have of running out of hot water due to a punp being fitted to a bath shower mixer . Can the valve be fitted to the expansion pipe in the loft.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 09:19 PM

I don't think I understand your question completely... but, pressure relieve valve is usually installed somewhere on the cold water side of your plumbing system and discharge plumbed to the outside. Temperature and Pressure relieve valve is installed as close to a pressurized tank as possible ( this may be hot water heater ). Expansion tank is installed on cold water side, directly above hot water heater. Hope that answers your question. Back to you. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas power vented water heater 3 yrs old. Today it started making a different sound. It has also maid a sound when running this one is just different. I noticed yellow like crystals on the piping on top of the water heater.

Ppr plumbing vs cpvc plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

Ppr OR cpvc which one is better for residential plumbing

Correctional grade plumbing how different from commercial plumbing or residential [ 3 Answers ]

Just need a little information about the difference to answer a questioner .

View more questions Search