Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dante2011 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Delta 1900 ? Shower body assembly
    My plumber roughed in a shower several years ago. Unfortunately he is no longer around nor is the technical data sheet for this particular model. I have finally gotten around to tiling the shower ( Durock and Slate 12 x 12 tiles.)However, I believe he roughed it in approximately 1/2" shy.There is a Black ABS plastic surround ( 6" Diameter, w/ a center piece that possibly is meant to be broken away that is 3 1/4 long and approx. 2 " diameter.) The surround says it is to be flush with the finished wall, that will be about 1/2" shy of the tile. As there are metal studs it will be difficult to reposition the body assembly further out. Is there a possibility of an extension piece to avoid cutting the stud and moving the assembly? Also I cannot find this exact model on Delta's site. I don't thing it is thermolastic as it has steps on a graduated 1/2 wheel
    at the center. Any help appreciated.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 07:27 PM

A 1/2" off may just fit within the tolerance of the shower valve. Here, you may need to purchase a longer chrome screw(s) to get it started but may be able to snug all up tight and make it work.

You could also pop by a local plumbing supply store and see if they have the extension kit for your model... most likely they will.

You can also contact Delta for more info. On all this at (click on link):

Kitchen Faucets, Bathroom Faucets & Bath Faucets : Delta Faucet

You could also call them directly at: 1‑800‑345‑DELTA

Let us know how you make out, OK?

Mark

Feb 25, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Thanks for responding, however all the plumbing supply houses say that there is no extension kit available.I will have to move the entire assembly forward.Delta says that it is a 1900 Model that is discontinued. The question right now is do I remove the center "snout" of the plastic mounting part, it appears that it is removable?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 11:06 AM

Did you try getting longer screws to see if you can pull the unit forward slightly?

Otherwise, remove the plastic "snout" piece and for that matter, the entire black ABS plate... not needed at finish with a tile wall.

Mark

Feb 26, 2011, 03:53 PM
    You are right that the plastic body is not needed after rough-in. My problem ( I moved the entire assembly forward but I think it is still not correct ) is knowing the model # so I can get a faceplate and see if it will mount. It appears to be a Delta Victorian 1900 series although it has tangs forming an H that the plastic piece screws into, and since they have give I don't know the exact alighnment. If anyone knows what Model # this is so I can find the faceplate and handle to check the depth I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My delta faucet leaks between the handle body and the sink. What to check? [ 1 Answers ]

The faucet leaks after you turn the water off. The water comes not from the handle but from under the faucet body. Water comes from between the sink and the faucet.

Hello. I am trouble shooting a Delta single handle shower problem. The shower is [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am trouble shooting a Delta single handle shower problem. The shower has a diminished flow and over the past 6 months or so has become so hot that it appears that the cold water flow has been restricted or cut off. I think my solution is to replace the cartridge (I think Delta RP19805)...

Delta Shower Faucet assembly diagrams [ 27 Answers ]

Where can I find the Delta Shower Faucets assembly diagrams online? Thanks, Brian

Removing drain assembly from shower, relacing shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove part of the old drain assembly that has been glued to the drain pipe that comes up from the slab floor.

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

View more questions Search