Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duce432 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Trap arm
    Tom your answers did help. But I donot understand why after I unsoldered the chrome trap and started to apply heat to the copper pipe to unsweat it, did the other side of the 90 become unsoldered ? Is there a different way of unsweating street elbows versus cast copper elbows ? Maybe the copper pipe is not meant to be unsweated and I might have to buy another cast copper elbow. Thank you for your patience.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 7, 2007, 05:08 PM
    You do not need a cast fitting that takes so much heat to unsweat a joint that it loosens another joint. Get a regular DWV copper ell and a short piece of copper, sweat on a male adapter and convert to PVC from there. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

? Spots on arm [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since childhood I have had small spots on my upper arms, which produce a hard white substance when pressure is applied. I have tried every possible 'cure', including drinking lots of water, exfoliating daily, not moisturising, different kinds of moisturiser... I have been told in the past...

Unsweating trap arm [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 90 degree cast copper elbow as a stub out for a bathroom sink with a 1.50 inch trap arm soldered into the 90 degree elbow. I need to replace the trap arm so I heated up the elbow to unsweat the joint and instead of the trap arm coming loose from the heat the other side of the 90 degree...

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

Lump under arm [ 1 Answers ]

Under my arm I have a growth... about the size of a golf ball a bit larger... went to clinic and got mamogram but didn't show so its just under my arm they didn't suggest any kind of dr. or referral of any kind... maybe not having ins. Didn't help with their volunteering info... also I noticed the...

Pain in the arm... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to ask that my dad got a pain in his arm from 3 weeks he have seen many doctors but can't get any relief plzz help.. doctorz says that this is a muscle pain.. they gave some gel for agaist pain but there no improvement in the pain its same as it was on first day.. can any body...

View more questions Search