Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apralez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 06:49 AM
    Why does the toilet run whenever I turn on the shower or a tap?
    The upsairs toilet will run as soon as you use any water in the house such as, turn on the tap or shower. It's a swedish push button toilet and doesn't have a normal bullcock, We have tried adjusting it but it still runs water into the pan as soon as you turn a tap on.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 19, 2010, 05:55 AM

The upsairs toilet will run as soon as you use any water in the house
    Take the lid off your toilets and check the tank level. It should be 1/2" under the white overflow tube.
    Now, with the lid still off turn the cold water of and on. Did you see the float ball bounce when you did this? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet cystern slow to fill up-fills up when we turn on tap [ 4 Answers ]

Hi When we flush our toilet it's fine but it does not fill properly until we turn on tap. If we are using shower when we flush toilet it makes a terrible noise as if there is air in the pipes. We have checked the water pressure on our combi boiler which seems fine. Can someone give us any advise...

Turn on hot water tap and bang [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: When we turn on the hot water tap in our downstairs bathroom it bangs & makes a loud noise. It will also slow down on the water coming out. When you go to turn it off it bangs continuously until the tap is all the way turned off. We have hot water heating. D&G

Thermostatic shower ony works when I turn on an off the bath mixer tap? [ 4 Answers ]

I changed a like for like thermostatic shower which is powered by a pump. However when I switch on the new shower the pump does not kick in, unless I turn on and off either the bath or basin taps? Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

When I turn the cold water tap nothing comes out? [ 1 Answers ]

I went to take a shower today my cold water tap does not work when I turn it on no water comes out of it?

Shower water only hot when tap in sink is run to hot. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, this is a little different to other problems on here! Recently our shower will not get hot, it will only get hot if we run the water in the sink to hot, then we can turn the sink tap off and have a hot shower. `it is about 5 year old. Please help us!! Thank you , Jules

View more questions Search