Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gravie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 08:25 AM
    I have a tub without a shower. Can I buy a faucet that has a external shower pipe
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2010, 08:36 AM
    You don't need a new faucet, you need to buy a spout with an external shower connection. Your spout either screws on or is held on with an allen screw underneath the spout. The shower hose, usually hand held, screws onto the fitting on the bottom and you pull the diverter out for the shower to work. .
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 11:28 AM

Hi Gravie...

I'm thinkin' the same as MA0641... ;) It's usually referred to as an ADD A SHOWER... the spout is a slip fit so you need to be sure you have a copper pipe coming out of the tub spout you have now.

Check it out at:

Alsons 5.25" Slip Fit Add-A-Shower Diverter Tub Spout in Chrome - 1071-PK | Every Faucet

You would also need to purchase a hand-held shower unit and a wall-bracket to mount the unit to the wall.

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub to tub/shower conversion: Need to re-route water lines for a shower faucet? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My wife and I just moved into an old (1930s) Spanish house in Los Angeles. We have 2 bathrooms, with the master bathroom containing a bathtub and a separate shower stall. The shower stall is tight with a low ceiling and the bathroom has no exhaust fan (only 2 windows) and...

Replace old pipe system for tub shower combo with pipe system for shower only. [ 1 Answers ]

My home was build in 1967. I am replace my old tub shower combo with a walk-in shower, building shower pan from scratch. My question is the pipe system in the wall. I have it exposed. It is a single handle control, pipe down from there to old bath faucet and a pipe up from the single handle...

Shower/Tub Faucet Diverter? [ 5 Answers ]

While running my tub faucet, if I turn the temp handle to the middle, the shower runs as well. The diverter is on the tub faucet position. How do I get the shower not to run?

Tub and shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a brand new American Standard tub and shower one valve faucet and when the tub water is running the shower is running water also. Any Idea what might be the problem.

Shower/Tub Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a 20 yr home & went to use the master bath/tub when I noticed low pressure from the shower-head. There's a pull up/down lever on the tub faucet to activate the shower but when it's in the 'up' position the shower has a low-steady stream at best but the tub flow is on as well when it...

View more questions Search