Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalliwog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Toilet bowl water level
    How can the water level in the toilet bowl be lowered?
    BradH Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2006, 09:16 AM
    How can it be lowered? Do you want to lower it? Or it is being lowered and you want to know what's causing it?

Brad
    kalliwog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Thanks for the reply, Brad. I am trying to lower the water level in the toilet bowl.

Harlan
    Drewbie82 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 06:12 PM
    I think it can usually be accomplished by opening the tank and giving the float arm a bit of a bend downwards.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 19, 2006, 06:42 PM
    Bending the float ball rod down will lower the tank level. If you wish to lower the bowl level remove the small 1/8" tube that runs from the ballcock to the overflow tube and let it hang down in the tank instead of having it discharge into the overflow tube. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Bowl Water Level [ 8 Answers ]

My toilet bowl will not fill up. After you flush the toilet you can see the water level in the bowl go down. The toilet is a brand new Kohler. I didn't have a problem with the old toilet but that was an american standard. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your time.

Toilet Bowl Level [ 1 Answers ]

This is a problem with all of the toilets in my house. They all have low bowl levels, the other night I heard a siphoning sound coming from the main drain line and the water was sloshing in the bowls. Is it a vent problem, what can I do before calling in the professionals. Thanks, Tom

Toilet Bowl Water Level [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to increase the water level in the toilet bowl?

Toilet bowl water level [ 11 Answers ]

I am not totally unfamiliar with plumbing, but this one has me stumped. I flush the toilet before I go to bed. In the morning the water level in the bowl has dropped a couple of inches. When the toilet is flushed there appears to be an air bubble which comes up, but the toilet flushes almost...

Toilet bowl level seasonal change? [ 1 Answers ]

Once it got hot outside, my toilet bowl fell to a lower water level than during other seasons. Sometimes it takes more than one flush to clear the bowl. I made some minor adjustments to get it back to a reasonable height only to find it drop down again. Am on a septic and this toilet (1 of 2) is...

View more questions Search