Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dread.less Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 04:59 AM
    I need 110 vac for my circuit. But main supply gives 220 vac supply.
    I need 110 vac for my circuit. But main supply gives 220 vac supply. What should I have to do ? Rpy me at [email protected]
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 05:30 AM

Any answers have to be made here on the site. Not vial email or PM.

I assume you are in the USA or Canada where the 220VAC is split phase and not single phase.

If this is the case you simply have to take one of the two hot legs as well as the common (and ground) and you have your 110VAC.

IF however you live in the land of 220VAC single phase power, you have no choice but to use a transformer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 vAC to 110 vDC converter [ 1 Answers ]

I have 220 vac which I want to convert to 110 vdc. What's needed?

Sweeper broom/stick vac or canister vac? [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you think would be best for hardwoood floors, sweeper broom, stick vac, or canister vac? Or just a plain old broom... I hate how the dust swirls in the air from a broom. Thanks

I have a 3-wire 240 VAC power box, and would like to install a 120 VAC outlet from it [ 4 Answers ]

Do I just take power from one leg and ground? If so, how do I ground the outlet?

Supply line won't stop running. Main water supply off [ 3 Answers ]

I was doing some bathroom remodeling and attempted to remove an old supply valve. It would not budge so I decided to cut the copper tubing underneath it and put on a new shutoff valve with a compression fitting. The problem is that water just kept coming out of that supply line. The main water...

220 vac 100 amp service [ 8 Answers ]

What size of copper wire and conduit should I use for a 150' run to a sub panel?

View more questions Search