Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diy919 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Side-by-side refrigerator freeze coils get freezing up
    Have a Frigidaire Gallery side-by-side Model FRS26ZGEW1. The problem has been going on for at least 3 months now. We can't seem to come up with the right fix. Initial problem was that the refrigertor side was not cold enough and the freezer coils were not defrosting. Changed the defrost timer. Then we changed the defrost thermostat. The first one we order from Frigidaire was a generic replacement with two black wires. My husband made the mistake of cutting the wrong end of the bullet connection (was suppose to cut close to the old thermostat and make connection and then put the shrinkwrap over it.) We impervised by putting on a new bullet connection and then doing the shrinkwrap connection. Don't know if that has been our problem. Frigidaire kept telling me a needed a certain part number and then the package and the part had different numbers - the part just didn't work on our refrigerator. Anyway we were able to get a direct replacement part with the red and white wire (same as the original). The freezer is good for a few days and then freezes up again. So we ordered a defrost heater but the one we received which was suppose to be the replacement was not the same size as the one of the freezer. So that went back. I wrote to Frigidaire hoping to get some answers but that all come up the same. Could we have a wiring problem or should be replace the heater? Or do you have any other solutions for us. We refuse to have to call a service man when others have protested online that they were able to resolve the problem.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Side By Side Refrigerator Water Dispenser Freezing [ 6 Answers ]

Anyone have any new ideas or successes solving this question. I have read all of the current postings on thawing the water line on a GE Side By Side Water Line Dispenser. This is my first posting of a question and would appreciate any updates. I know what the problem is (line freezing in the door...

My kenmore side by side does freeze anymore coils frost on the bottom 2 coils [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore side by side model # 106.57282791 that I got in 97.The freezer gets cool but not enough to freeze.The bottom 2 coils frost and up the right side.The rest of the coils are not cold.What has happened?

GE side-by-side refrigerator frost-free freezer coils has 1/2" ice [ 0 Answers ]

GE side by side refrigerator; frost-free freezer freezes up. I have a GE frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 7 years old but for the past six months I have been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside coils, and then the refrigerator doesn't get...

GE SSS25SGPA SS side by side refrigerator - freezer staying cold but not freezing [ 0 Answers ]

The freezer is staying cold but not freezing. At the coldest temperature it seems that it is staying cold enough to keep meat and such from going bad, but in no means freezes the stuff inside. The meat is always malleable and any sort of ice cream you put in always ends up liquid. When we put...

GE side-by-side refrigerator door freezing shut [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a GE GSS22JEMC WW side-by-side unit and the door keeps freezing shut. Specifically, ice accumulates in the spout in the door, then freezes to the underside of the ice maker. The ice maker is turned off and I'm not using the water dispenser either. It's a slow buildup - takes a few...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.