Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenmic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Bryant ceiling mount furnace
    :confused: hello, I recently bought a used bryant ceiling mount furnace model#125-341,not sure of man. Date but guessing older vintage. I went through completely and cleaned thoroughly,mounted and fired it up. Pilot stays lit fine,fan kicks on right away?before the burners ignite. Am getting nice blue flame down entire length of all six burners-however flame appears to be to small approx 5 inches tall. I do not see an adjustment on regulator.there is a pilot adj. on a separate regulator(w/primer hold down button)fan runs entire time basically blowing cold air-warmer towards bottom. This is a 100,000 BTU furnace and should be blowing hot air and shutting off fairly quickly in my shop. It eventually warmed up the shop and I turned the thermostat down, burners went out and fan even shut off-so I'm not sure about fan, but for sure flame not right.this was originally a narural gas unit, but converted to lp and used in that mode prior to my purchase.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
    A five inch flame above the burner is actually large for a 100,000 furnace but if they are blue and not lifting off the burner that should be fine.
    Now about the blower. To me it sounds like your heater is wired without a fan switch and therefore the blower comes on as soon as you turn on the thermostat and it will cease to run as soon as the thermostat is satisfied. When wired this way it takes longer to heat up an area because it is blowing cold air for the first few minutes. I am sure you could add a fan switch if you wanted to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant furnace problem [ 20 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 5 y/o 80% eff bryant furnace. The problem I have is that my furnace Doesn't always kick on even when thew thermostat shows the temp under the Temp set. I will sometimes have to go down and turn of the blower switch on the furnace wait a couple seconds and then turn it on again....

New Bryant furnace makes a rumbling noise [ 6 Answers ]

I purchased a new Bryant 2 Stage furnace last year and it now makes a rumbling / vibration noise when the furnace kicks into the second stage. It seems like it does this when the furnace gets a lot of use. For instance, Today it turned on once or twice and no rumbling/vibration noise. However,...

Toilet Mount [ 4 Answers ]

I could not get my toilet unstopped. I removed the toilet and found I had subtanial root growth where it had broken the flange that the toilet mounts too. How can I replace the mount flange? I put some root cristals in the pipe while I figured out the repair.

Bryant furnace won't lite [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Bryant furnace. It Keeps flashing code 13 on the circuit board. I read the code and it says that the switch will reset after 3 hours. It also refers me to # 33 which gives more possibilities as to what the problem may be. However it does say to reset the limit or flame roll out...

Bryant upflow furnace model394g lp [ 1 Answers ]

How do you adjust pilot light?

View more questions Search