Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kduke8783 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Plumbing question
    My house was built in 1959. In the master bathroom we have a standalone shower. The shower faucet is starting to crack pretty bad and we cannot find a replacement. It’s the type where you have to turn the knob to turn on the water, and the temp lever is behind it. The only word on the casing is thermoflow, which I cannot seem to find anywhere online to get a replacement. Any Ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 21, 2009, 05:26 PM

Why not simply replace with another one handled shower valve of your choice? Tom
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Hi all..

I checked out thermoflow online and couldn't come up with much except for the following post on the subject:

Orchard Supply Hardware - Ask OSH Q&A

Interesting is that they seem to offer the same solution as you mentioned Tom... ;) I love it when there is agreement on matters like this!

Kduke, check out the post and then pop back if you have any questions. I recommend installing a new SYMMONS shower valve or a MOEN shower valve... both have great products and great warranties.

MARK

PS...Not to be rude, but are you absolutely sure that the spelling of thermoflow is thermoflow...not THERMOFLO?? DOUBLE double check...OK?

letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 08:59 PM

If you do not find parts to repair your valve a "Mixit" shower valve is a very good one to use and it sounds like that it works the same a the one you have. It has two knobs, one for temp and one for volume.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a plumbing question [ 3 Answers ]

I had a water supply line burst and caused damage to my condo and the unit downstairs. My question is. Is it a common thing for a water supply line to burst? It looks like it separated from the base (part that screws into the water valve). This is a real old condo 27 years old. I'm not sure...

Plumbing question [ 3 Answers ]

I recently rented a townhouse and after 5 days of living here I noticed the toilet leaking. There was a drip off the side of the bowl and the shut off valve line is also leaking. The toilet was covered in mould which I had to clean off. When asking the landlord to fix it he is accusing me of...

Plumbing Question [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet is not clogged but when flushing it gurgles and will not go down.

Plumbing question [ 1 Answers ]

What is a pee drain on a laundry tub?

Plumbing question [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if I can tie a new shower drain line.(a second shower) Into an existing kitchen sink drain line? The kitchen sink line runs about 25FT. To the main drain line, the shower line would be about 10ft. From the main The kitchen line is 1 1/2" shower 2" and the main 3" schedule 30 ...

View more questions Search