Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JIMIJAMES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 04:47 AM
    Running hot water in bathroom pipes bang and water stops!
    My hot water pipes in the bathroom start banging then stop the water flow every time they are turned on. It doesn't happen in the kitchen.
    cyberheater Posts: 321, Reputation: 12

Dec 9, 2009, 06:29 AM

You may have mineral build up in your water heater. Any other symptoms? Do you have a gas water heater?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 9, 2009, 06:37 AM

Is your water heater gas or electric?
    Do they "bang" when they're turned on or when you turn them off? Let me know, Tom
    raf79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 03:08 PM
    I have the same problem. It only started recently and it's just with one bathroom faucet. I have a gas water heater. Any help is appreciated. Pipes bang and shake all the way down to the water heater.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 4, 2010, 03:14 PM

I need to know more about the faucet.
    Brand name? One handle or two knobs? Lavatory or tub/shower valve? How old? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water running in bathroom [ 43 Answers ]

This morning when I woke up, there was no water running from our bathroom sink or shower/tub. Our sink is a two handle faucet and our shower is a one handle tub. The cold water will run from the sink, but when we turn the hot water faucet, nothing comes out. With the shower, nothing comes out at...

Hot Water Heater Stops to Heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 60gal Giant brand electric water heater. It's the 2nd time in approx. 2 years (since we moved into the house) that there is not hot water left in the tank. I turn off the circuit breaker and then turn it back on and the water starts to heat again. The circuit breaker did not 'pop'! ...

Hot water running out [ 1 Answers ]

What is dcausing my hot water to run out after four or five minutes

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Why do I hear water running in my pipes, in a hot water heating system? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hot water heating system and just recently , I am hearing water running in the pipes all the time.What could be causing this? Please help.

View more questions Search