Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristendathome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Bubbling toilet when flushing another toilet
    Hi, we have moved into a newer home (5 years old). We live high in the mountains, in Fairplay Co. and have well and septic. Our water should be as fresh as could be, but smells of sulfur, despite trying a number of different filters. We have also discovered that our toilets will bubble up if another is flushed... I haven't yet noticed whether the washing machine does anything, but that probably means that it doesn't. Are these two problems possibly related? What might we do to fix either/both of the problems?
    CptJaneway Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2009, 11:26 AM

My experience has been that you need to have your lines snaked by a plumber. The bubbling usually means a restricted flow.

Ummm.. . How far is your well from your septic tank, and is the well above (I hope) or below the grade of the septic tank? Could be that your water is contaminated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Gurgling and bubbling when flushing the toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I flush the toilet and the sinks and bathtubs bubble and gurrgle. I tried plunging the toilet closest to the septic and when I did it went down but it sent green water into the bathtub. After everything went down it seemed to work for a couple hours, now I'm in the same boat I was in earlier maybe...

Bubbling in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a slab home on a septic tank. The tank was pumped out 2 years ago. In the mormimg latley when I take a shower the toilet will bubble and will not flush. After about 2 houres everything is fine the rest of the day. This is the winter and we have never had this proglem before but we have only...

Bubbling from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Well here is my question and I hope the news is good and its not a big problem or an expensive one. When I take a shower my toilet bubbles and also the sink in my bathroom has water coming up from the drain. Also when I do laundry my toilet bubbles then too. I have a septic tank I didn't...

Toilet not flushing toilet paper! [ 3 Answers ]

Why will our new toilet flush more solid waste but not toilet paper & less solid waste? We have just bought it & are in middle of having bathroom installed & the plumber is blaming the toilet & the fact it is quite narrow at the bottom of the pan inside. It has no trouble with getting rid of other...

View more questions Search