Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moezun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Hi, I'm currently undertaking a design project and I'm trying to find out what kind of valve they use in flick mixer taps/faucet mixer taps like these:

It'd be of great help if someone knows, and a section drawing would be immensely helpful as well!

Thanks,
    Moe

Sorry that above link didn't work, I meant these kinds:

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2009, 05:04 AM
    We need a brand name to help. What's that "gear shift lever" for? Regards, Tom
    moezun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 05:15 AM

Say a Flick Mixer for example:

http://http://www.oztion.com.au/-Fli...n/3375701.aspx

I don't know what the valve used or the internal structure of these taps are..

I think knowing the structure would help towards my current project.

In context, pretty much what I'm trying to achieve (if possible) is making two shower control rings and as a really basic rough sketch here below:

An outer ring controls the temperature by adjusting the proportion of hot water and cold water going to the shower, pretty much - by turning left or right.

The inner ring controls the flow of water to the shower - by turning left or right.

I was suggested thermostatic or rotary valves might help do the job but what would you recommend?

Sorry the above image didn't show up again!

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 21, 2009, 07:20 AM

Do you mean "what kind of cartridge" is used in Single Column faucets like the one you posted above ?
    The one you posted looks like it is Delta brand. New Delta cartridge looks like this:
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water from thermostatic mixer shower. Hot water coming from all other taps. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday out of the blue my mixer shower went cold. All the other taps in the house have hot water and the boiler seems fine. The hot pipe leading to the shower is still hot it just doesn't seem to be coming through. This is the shower I've got.. Homebase - Make a House a Home Any...

Bathroom Taps - Mixer Tap v Individual Hot & Cold Taps [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about Bathroom Taps. I am buying a Mixer tap for my new washhand basin which has one hole for the tap. My bath has 2 holes i.e.. One for a hot tap and one for a cold tap. I would like to buy 2 bath taps similar to my mixer tap but they don't appear to be...

Mixer Valve [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new mixer valve in my main bathroom and have a small problem with it. When I turn the valve over to the hot water side, it (the hot water) comes out of the shower head while the cold continues to come out of the tub faucet as it is supposed to when the diverter is open. Is...

Mixer taps and toilet problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can anyone help? My mother has had a new bathroom fitted which included the fitting of a new cylinder for a power shower and a new water tank in the attic. It's a bungalow and the water tank is above the bathroom. Her previous sink had a separate hot and cold tap with good pressure...

View more questions Search