Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dennis Jepma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Water leaking from our shower into the laundry room on the floor
    We just installed a shower in our basement. We used marble 12" tile for the walls and marble 1" tiles for the floor. We did a flood test by plugging the drain and filling the pan with water. It held and did not have leaks! The problem is when we open the drain and run the shower. The water slowly moves into the laundry room floor. COuld our drain be too high, or cracked? We installed the tile right onto the concrete floor in the basement.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2009, 12:37 PM

So this would mean you did not create a shower pan with sloped sides, right? Was there already a drain in that concrete floor or what did you do to make a drain? It does sound like your drain pipe is the culprit at present.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower water leaking onto floor then through ceiling [ 8 Answers ]

I have a problem where shower water leaks under the shower curtain onto the floor (for example, when the kids or visitors take a shower) then works its way through the ceiling below. As far as I can tell, the water goes under the toilet base and finds its way through the floor by way of the hole...

Water leaking through tile on new shower floor [ 2 Answers ]

We had a new shower installed several months ago. Recently I noticed water slowly leaking from a side wall where the tile meets the floor for a few days after using the shower. It is not leaking from the wall with the shower head or controls but a side wall. If I don't use the shower is seems...

Water leaking into dining room from upstairs shower [ 6 Answers ]

A few months back, I noticed that water was leaking into my dining room when my roommate would use the shower in my spare bathroom. The first attempt at resolving the issue was chalking around the corners since water was getting out around the corners. It still leaked in the dining room but not...

Moving Laundry room from basement to second floor [ 2 Answers ]

I appreciate any help I can get. I have an old house (1899) and the upstairs bathroom is divided in two. One side only has a sink. I have removed this sink and want to convert to laundrey room. I currently have the hot and cold supply lines and the drain for the sink. The drain comes...

Moving Laundry room to 2nd floor [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I'm getting tired of lugging laundry up and down stairs. While I appreciate the fitness of using stairs, I'm clumsy and likely to take a fall one of these days! So, I'm moving the laundry room to the 2nd floor room over garage. I'm sharing details to get a sanity check and for any other DIY...

View more questions Search