Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmcdonald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Bathroom Taps - Mixer Tap v Individual Hot & Cold Taps
    Hi, I have a question about Bathroom Taps.

I am buying a Mixer tap for my new washhand basin which has one hole for the tap.

My bath has 2 holes i.e.. One for a hot tap and one for a cold tap.

I would like to buy 2 bath taps similar to my mixer tap but they don't appear to be available.

Do you think if I purchased 2 additional mixer taps I could run hot water only to one of them & cold water only to the other?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 07:35 AM

Yes that could work fine, To test that install the washhand basin tap/faucet and see how well it adjust to be all cold and all hot. It may be a bit of a pain but then you will know 100% that the other taps/faucet will work the way you want it to. The tub water on the two taps are separate supply to each tap so whatever in is water out. I guess you will have to cap the back of the new tub faucet on the one side since it one supply to each tub faucet as opposed to hot and cold supply to sink mixer faucet

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixer taps and toilet problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can anyone help? My mother has had a new bathroom fitted which included the fitting of a new cylinder for a power shower and a new water tank in the attic. It's a bungalow and the water tank is above the bathroom. Her previous sink had a separate hot and cold tap with good pressure...

Hot water from cold taps when HW recirculator on [ 12 Answers ]

My hot water recirculator is on a timer, and whenever it is on, hot water comes from the cold taps. After a minute or so, the cold water starts coming out. Any chance this is something I can fix myself (I'm a total novice) If I do have to call a plumber, are there any things I can find out...

View more questions Search