Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caper710 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 04:42 PM
    Upstairs bath tub won't drain.
    Upstairs tub won't drain? And water from the sink will come up in tub. Tried to snake the sink and the tub.. and nothing.. could it be it the stink pipe on the roof maybe something got in it (ice or something) or maybe the snake isn't long enough and it not getting it. My husband wants to come home and start cutting the pipe in the basement. Is that a way to go.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 05:19 PM

No cutting just yet. The sink drains into the tub because they share a larger drain inside the floor. The stink pipe, actually a vent stack can be clogged but more frequently it's that drain pipe I mentioned. Have you rodded into the sink drain in the wall after removing the trap? I'd start there with a 1/4" snake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

My joists are 71/4"x11/2"by 16" centres is this strong enough to support a bath upstairs, if not what can I do to make it strong enough thanks steve

Bath upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

I want to put a bath upstairs do I need to strengthen the floor joists

Hot water not reaching upstairs bath [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I am having some problems getting hot water to my upsatirs bathtub. I found a similar post to this last year, but the inquirer never replied to resolve the situation. I have an upstairs bath room with sink and shower/tub. Our house was built in 2005 and we used the upstairs shower...

Washer standpipe / Upstairs Bath Drain [ 1 Answers ]

I will try to make this question as simple as possible... My son was taking a bath upstairs and I was washing a load of clothes dowstairs, watching TV hear water in the laundry room, he is letting the water out of tub the same time washer is draining water from the rinse cycle, results: overflow...

Adding bath drain in concrete for existing half bath [ 1 Answers ]

I want to turn a half bath into a full bath in my basement. Currently the washer and dryer along with the water heater are in the half bath along with the commode and sink. I want to add a bath tub and the lay out of the room is such that the tub installation would probably require less work if it...

View more questions Search