Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy_jaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 07:44 PM
    How do I replace a 10in rough in toilet with a 12in toilet
    I have new 12in one piece toilet that I need to fit in a 10in rough in space.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 08:38 PM

You will most likely not be able to install 12" toilet on 10" rough. Shop for 10" rough-in toilet or relocate the ring away from the wall. However, I have seen once this situation solved by cutting a rectangular niche-like indentation into wall behind the toilet. You may consider this approach, too...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 10, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Well, I don't think cutting into the dry wall would leave a very attractive looking installation. Your only option would be to install a 2" offset flange, (see image) or take up the floor and move the closet bend out 2 inches. Good luck and thanks for rating my answer. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet rough in [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a old house. The original rough in is 14 inches. I am finding it is very hard to find a toilet to meet the new space I have for a toilet. Can I replace a 14 inch rough in toilet with a 12 inch rough in without changing any plumbing? Thank you for the response back.

Toilet rough-in [ 5 Answers ]

How far from the roughin wall to center line of waste should I set the toilet?

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet rough in [ 1 Answers ]

What do I have to do to rough in a toilet?

Need to replace toilet, rough-in 20" from the wall, toilet has four mounting holes [ 3 Answers ]

In a nutshell, we need to replace our existing toilet. However, the toilet has a rough-in of about 20"+ to the closet flange and the toilet has four mounting holes on the base. The toilet is connected to the closet flange via the front two holes (and nothing in the back two holes). I bought the...

View more questions Search