Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wikinews45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 02:25 PM
    vibration in plumbing
    What causes a frequent vibration in basement area and seems to radiate through furnace and ducts, and water heater and pipes to septic system (which has an intermediate tank and pump)? Can't isolate the source of the vibration. The vibration is immediately stopped by flushing a toilet?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Lets see how far we can get on this.
    Ways for duct to vibrate.

Unbalanced squirrel cage fan in furnace for forced hot air.
    If duct vibrates and a water pipe touching it the water lie makes noise "water Hammer"

Water pressure in pipe released and then stopped and pipes rattle

Pipes Vibrate by a machine/ motor mechanically doing that.

Do you have a grinder sewage pump out side?

Do the pipes make noise when the well pump kicks on?
    Need a bit more info on timing of sound when mechanical motors are on.

Signed 21 Boat

If I helped To Answer Your Question Please rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Focus Vibration [ 1 Answers ]

What can cause vibration when engine is running, without vehicle moving. Feels like it's caused by the engine, motor mounts, etc. No noise and doesn't get heavier once you drive. Thank You

Weedwacker vibration [ 1 Answers ]

My weedwacker has a terrible vibration on the spool end when its running. It runs fine and then will vibrate really bad then it'll stop vibrating.

Constant vibration [ 2 Answers ]

There seems to be a vibration that sounds to me like an unbalanced clothes washer or a very loud clock. I can hear it when the furnace is not running. The system is located in a crawl space under the house and I am not knowledgeable or mechanically oriented but I would like to have an idea what it...

Vibration in air return [ 1 Answers ]

I have an air return in my ceiling 20 X 25 which I recently replaced the filter in. After about a week the new filter started a loud vibration. I figured it was not the exact size so picked up another one and replaced it and the vibration started again. I have narrowed it down, to it only...

View more questions Search