Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHESNAJC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Washing machine box cap
    We just moved into a new house, and the wall mounted washing machine "box", that contains the hot/cold water connection and a standpipe for the drain, currently has a plastic cap covering the drain pipe. The cap has a cylindrical protrusion, which looks like it might be used for turning the cap with a special tool, maybe? In any event, initial attempts at removing the cap were unsuccessful, and I don't want to risk cracking the pipe, so I'm asking what the typical procedure is in this case?

Thanks for any suggestions!

There is nothing visible that indicates the make/model of this wall unit.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 05:20 PM
    First it just might not have a drain line attaced so the first thing I would check is to make sure a drain line runs to that wall box. If you have a basement this is usually a easy job. Some of the wall boxes have knock outs and some have pop out plugs. Post a good picture so we can see exactly what you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine makes grinding noise when washing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa washing machine - about 5 years old. It makes a grinding noise when washing. Spin cycle is still quiet. Any suggestions about what to check?

Washing machine overflow but main supply/machine were off [ 10 Answers ]

Went away on Tues and came back today. Before I left I shut off the main water supply at the hot water heater. I turned on fawcett in the kitchen to see if it was off. Trickled for a second so I assumed it was off. Came back tonight and washing machine was filled to the top and I think it...

What makes a washing machine stop drainingthe dirty waterMy washing mach [ 2 Answers ]

My washing machine stopped draining. I have no warranty on it and I'd like to know if it's something I can take care of myself without the cost of a technician coming to my house

Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

View more questions Search