Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randyshoe Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Shower pressure
    We have very little water pressure in our home. There are times when it starts strong but then weakens over a few minutes and others when it starts weak and then increases in pressure. Our water comes from a drilled well. Based on the well analysis, the well produced 5.0 gallons of water per minute but we are unsure of the exact depth of the well. Is there any way that we can increase the pressure?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 15, 2006, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by randyshoe
    We have very little water pressure in our home. There are times when it starts off strong but then weakens over a few minutes and others when it starts weak and then increases in pressure. Our water comes from a drilled well. Based on the well analysis, the well produced 5.0 gallons of water per minute but we are unsure of the exact depth of the well. Is there any way that we can increase the pressure?

Hey Randy,

Yes there is a way to increase your pressure at the pump control box,( see image) First turnoff the power at the breaker box, then pull the cover off the pressure switch and you will see two spring loaded bolts secured with nylon nuts. One tall, one short. To increase the cut in pressure, turn the nut on the tall bolt down. To increase the cut out pressure,(that's the one that will give you more pressure) turn the nut on the short bolt down. This should give you the additional preesure you desire. Good luck, Tom Note; While the drawing's correct the instructions on it aren't. The instructions I gave you came right out of the box.

Jul 16, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Hot water dilemma
    When we turn on the faucet in our shower- the water is scalding hot.:eek: We have to turn it off then on many times before it goes back to normal. This happens in both showers.
    There are also times when halfway through the shower- the cold water will disappear completely- leaving only one extreme HOT temperature. :eek: Any ideas on how we can fix these issues?
    FYI~ we are using a single handle shower faucet. We have well water.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 16, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Hi Randy,
    I merged your posts to save a little space. Before we can help we have to know the brand name and if the faucet has Skald Guard or Temperature Control. How old is the faucet and your home? What is your water heater set at? Gas or electric? This problem just start up or has it been ongoing? What material are your pipes made of? Copper? Plastic or galvanized?
    Let us know, Regards, Tom

Jul 16, 2006, 07:17 PM
    The faucet is a Symmons Temptrol. We have an electric hot water heater with copper pipes. The temperature is set at 130 degrees.

The home was built in 1987 and as far as we know, the faucets are the originals. We moved here a little over a year ago and the problem seemed to begin a little over a month ago.

Thank you so much for your help! Randy
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 17, 2006, 05:42 AM
    I've put up a exploded view of your faucet. I'm not familiar enough with your faucet to pin point the problem but if you check and clean the ports and openings, replace faulty "O" rings and reassemble you should hit the problem.
    I would focus on part# TA-25a/b first. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure at the shower/tub [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a serious problem in one of my bathrooms. The cold water pressure of the shower/tub is fine. But when I turned the knob towards the hot, the pressure drops all of a sudden, too low to take a hot shower. The sink 3 feet away has both excellent hot and cold water pressure. I suspect...

Another shower low pressure problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have read some of the other low pressure shower issues posted here but none seem quite the same. I don't have a one valve or three valve system. Mine is a two valve shower system... hot and cold. It is a shower, not a tub/shower. My problem is that the hot water pressure is really bad. I...

Shower Pressure Gone [ 2 Answers ]

The water pressure in our shower has dropped off. The rest of the faucets and bathrooms water pressure is fine. The shower head is a hongrose. Can you recommend what to do? Is it the shower head? Pipes? FYI, I live in Minnesota and the temperature outside has been about zero. We...

Shower water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Master bath, separate shower has little to no hot water pressure. We have drained hot water heater for any clogged sediment and still nothing. House is 3 years old, what could be the problem? All other faucets in home are working fine. Very Curious

No Pressure in Shower [ 2 Answers ]

This morning while taking a shower, I was greeted with a grumbling in the pipes and then a loss of pressure. Sink on the other side of the wall works fine, as does all other faucets in house. Not sure where to begin sorting out this problem, and welcome any suggestions.

View more questions Search