Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vieregge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Utility room backs up from Washer
    I have a 3 year old house in the suburbs with city sewer. My Washer is above my basement. The drain hose goes into the sink next to it. When the washer discharges, it create a flood in the utility room below from the drain. When I fill the sink with regular faucet water and drain it it does not backup. It only backs up from the soap water. I had a plumber snake out 80 feet and it did not work. Does the bubbles from the rinse water cause problems? Should I switch detergent? Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 6, 2006, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vieregge
    I have a 3 year old house in the suburbs with city sewer. My Washer is above my basement. The drain hose goes into the sink next to it. When the washer discharges, it create a flood in the utility room below from the drain. When I fill the sink with regular faucet water and drain it it does not backup. It only backs up from the soap water. I had a plumber snake out 80 feet and it did not work. Does the bubbles from the rinse water cause problems? Should I switch detergent? Thanks
    As a rule when this happens it indicates a blockage downstream from the floor drain where it backed up. However since you had a plumber snake the line out and you can let a sink full of water go without backing up about the only thing left is the type of detergent that you're using. Change your detergent and let me know. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Drain in my Washer/Dryer room is backing up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a floor drain that the previous owner of my house put in ( I guess). My washer/dryer is on our second floor of out two story home. The drain has been backing up and spilling out into the catch tray under the washer/dryer. I can't seem to figure out how to unclog this drain. It's only about...

Utility room conversion into a bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering a conversion of my utility room into a pool side bathroom and flipping the W/D to the opposite wall. Can a washer, toilet, shower, and sink run off the existing sewer and vent pipe? Additionally, my house is built on slab foundation.

Washer backs up [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, First let me say that I am a complete novice to plumbing, I have just bought my first house and am trying to save money by fixing as many things myself that I can. My problem is that anytime the washer drains it overflows the drain pipe, even just running a garden hose in the pipe...

Washer Rinse Water Backs Up in Kitchen Sink [ 5 Answers ]

My washing machine rinse water backs up into my double kitchen sink and my wonderful plumber is stumped. I'm only able to wash a mini load (which fills up both sinks) as a medium or large load causes my kitchen sinks to overflow. It's been doing this for over a year now and I'm tired of living with...

Washer Drain Backs Up when Spinning [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Every time the washer spins out it backs up and squirts out the top of the drain. I've been told that it might be a clogged air duct. I ran water from my hose done the airduct on the roof for about 15 minutes and it seems to be clear. I've also ran draino down the pipe and it still backs...

View more questions Search