Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stan Sauve Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Water vibration in pipes
    I live in a condo and the only water pressure is by gravity. A water pressure pump has been installed on the top floor to increase pressure and we now have a vibration through out the building when he turns his taps on.

This is a new condo constructed entirely of concrete block and it thought to be the pipe may be loose in the wall.

Do you have any sugestions on how we can solve this problem without damaging the walls.
    Our thought was to install a water chamber but they are hard to find in Mexico.

Thanks
    Looking forward to your response

Stan
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 11:48 AM

Is that a continuous vibration or only when plumbing fixtures is used ?

Dec 7, 2008, 03:25 PM
    This vibration is only when he turns on any tap in his condo. He is the only one who has the pressure booster.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Sauve View Post
    This vibration is only when he turns on any tap in his condo. He is the only one who has the pressure booster.
    Vibration in water pipes when water is turned ON is indication that there is a loose part inside one of the stems, most likely worn out washer, in one of his faucets. Solution: Turn water off for the apartment in question, remove stem, replace washers, make sure all parts on the stem are tight and not loose, reinstall stem, and turn water back on. Also, I would turn OFF and back ON all angle stops in the apartment. That should do...

Since he has the booster pump, I would check the pump too.

Dec 7, 2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks for your help Stan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vibration and loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a newer home, about 7 yrs. Old, in California. Over the last couple of years I've noticed that when I turn on my upstairs bathroom faucets, both hot and cold, I get a knocking and loss of flow (pulsating). I'd like to consider myself somewhat handy and refuse to pay someone to fix this...

Vibration in pipes after toilet flush [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet is 6 months old After I flush my toilet,about 3 or 4 seconds later it sounds like a vibration noise in my pipes in the basement This has done this for a long time

Knocking and vibration sounds from pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I can hear really loud constant knocking noises and vibration sounds thought it was pipes but it always sounds worse on a night when the heating is not on but it also sounds like it is coming from chimney anyone any ideas

View more questions Search