Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beerguykc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Installing Watts Premier RO System
    I'm getting ready to install a Watts Premier RO-PURE water filtration system, and have questions concerning the drain connection. The company's help line is closed, naturally (why do I always plan these projects for a Saturday?) The manual insists that the drain must be installed above a garbage disposer, warning that otherwise may cause the line to become plugged. Anybody have experience with this? Looks like my two alternative options are to either order a special kit Watts offers, or to replace the sink with a double-basin sink and access the non-disposer side for drainage. Any response would be welcome...
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Nov 15, 2008, 03:24 PM

Watts is covering their butts. If you run plenty of water when you use the disposal, you probably won't have trouble. If you do have problems, you will have to redo the drain. As long as you are above the trap, if you can bring that drain in somewhere on a vertical pipe, you will probably will have best results.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Hey beerguy...

I'm betting you will be fine... just like EPMILLER...

But if still concerned.. you could always cut into the sink drain line with a WYE fitting and install a separate PTRAP with a standpipe up to near the height of the drainboard... dedicated strictly to this RO drain.

Let me know what you think here...

MARK
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 08:09 PM

Just like others suggested in previous posts: do not worry about it. Just drill hole into tubular sink drain and connect the RO drain. Now, very important: if you drill into horizontal drain than drill on TOP of the drain, not side or bottom.
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Nov 15, 2008, 08:41 PM

Had to go away for supper, here's the rest of my answer.

Another option if you have enough vertical space above the trap would be to use a plastic dishwasher wye. They have a divider inside that keeps the two streams from backing up into the other branch. You would have to adapt up to the dishwasher tube size, but other than that it would be the best solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Watts Premier are.O system installation [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, experts, I just purchased Watts Premier R.O system. After installed, I saw not much water coming out of faucet and there is steady flow to the black tubing to the sink. I just started the system, I think there is no pressure in the tank. My question is what is the properly functioning...

Installing shallow well system [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a lot with a well. The hole is there but no pump are tank. I need to know how to install the pump , pressure switch ,and tank. I will be using a diaphram tank.any help would be appreciated.

Installing a 2 sump pump system [ 1 Answers ]

I got a client asking me how I can install a 2 sump pump system in case one fails or the power goes out Anyone can send me some pictures how to do so please the job needs to be done tomorrow It would be nice to get good detail how to install the 2 pumps Submersible only ...

Email spam for "Premier" (Premier Pharmacy) [ 2 Answers ]

Is it just me?? I'm getting about 20 spam emails per hour for it. Over the years, I see spam subject lines coming in groups, but NEVER this much. Wow!

Trouble Installing System File [ 2 Answers ]

My motherboard CD will no longer install monitoring information. A dialogue box pops up with the header: 16 bit Windows Subsystem The message reads: C:\Windows\System32\autoexec.nt "The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Window Applications. Choose 'Close' to...

View more questions Search