Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maahvin2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Toilet flange
    Hello, I realized as I was installing the subfloor in my new bathroom that I had cut off the pvc to short. It is slightly lower that the subfloor.
    Is there a longer flange which will solve this problem or should I remove the floor add a coupling and more pvc to raise the height?

Thanks,

m2
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2006, 12:55 PM
    "Is there a longer flange which will solve this problem?"

Yes there is. It's called a "deep flange", (see image) this is simply a closet flange with a longer collar. No need to rear the floor up. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What toilet flange to use? [ 9 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom in an old house. The floors are concrete, and right now there is just what looks to be a cast-iron waste line that runs up through the concrete for the toilet. The inside opening of the pipe is 3 1/2" in diameter. What flange do you recommend for this? I can only find 3"...

Toilet flange [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting a new floor in the bathroom. The tolet flange is higher by 1/4 in on one side and 1/2 in on the other above the floor I'm going to put ceramic tile down. Do I need to level it out or bring the floor up around the flange? Thanks Tim

Toilet flange [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing tile in bathroom so the toilet flange is now about approx. 1/2" below the tile. Do I have to remove the toilet flange or are there extensions?

Toilet flange HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I need some good professional advise. My toilet was leaking and I removed it to find that the toilet flange was broken on one side. The flange and lower pipe appear to be cast iron 4 inch. I must replace some of the damaged flooring but am at a loss as to how to remove the cast iron flange from...

Toilet flange [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of re-settin my toilet, It is located in the basement and the toilet flange sits on top of the ceramic tile. It is not flush with the tile. I have reset the toilet three times using various thickness of wax. These only last so long. I have purchased a wax free bowl gasket...

View more questions Search