Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neymotin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Sealing shower stall base
    There is a leak between the acrilic wall and the shower stall pan. Caulking using acrilic did not help. Shall I cut the plastic wall and/or use some special sealing material?

Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 4, 2006, 07:20 AM
    'm going to start my answer by stating that While I'm no expert in plastic or fiberglas repair I can give you my opinion of what I would do if faced with the same problem in my own home. And then I'm going to post this over in" Interior Home Improvement" where, hopefully, there are experts more knowledge then I.
    For any kind of caulk or grout to work the surfaces must be prepared. The arera that you wish to caulk must be dry, clean and it helps if you can prime or lightly sand the surfaces. You may then apply Acrylic Caulk to the area. My bet is that the area you wished to caulk wasn't properly primed or prepared. But hey! What do I know? I'm just a plumber. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing shower base [ 6 Answers ]

Tom, I have a new question. In setting a shower base, on concrete, how much mortar should a person spread, just a couple inches around the drain? Or, should it be more than that. Also, what's the deal in the instructions about putting plastic over the mortar? The base wouldn't be stuck down with...

Shower base... [ 7 Answers ]

Not sure if this is a pluming question or tiling question, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm still working on my master bathroom project (some of you may remember me from my "moving a toilet" question). Well, everything is roughed in in its new locations and I am starting to...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Concrete Shower Base [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace what was an all plastic shower stall located in my basement with a more substantial structure. All of the plumbing is in place but as part of my project I have studded out one wall so that I could re-route the hot and cold water lines inside the new wall. Because of this...

Shower stall base [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a house with an unfinished half bath. The shower base was not installed. There is a cast iron pipe coming up through the slab.there is a drain leaded into the pipe with a flange and a liner that is cut off,and a threaded 2" drain screwed into it,it has been there a long time and I...

View more questions Search