Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hps Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Apr 21, 2006, 12:59 PM
    Washer Draining question
    When the washer drains the water comes up through the kitchen sink,looking for an easy fix Speedball
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Assuming you're referring to the dish washer you have a partial clog in the drain line. Since the dishwasher pump delivers more volume then just draining a sink the water backs uo while the sink still drains. To remedy this you will have to remove the trap and send a snake into the wall for about 6 feet. You will run into a 90 about 6" in the wall. Crank and work yout way around it and you'll have about about 5 more feet to go. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30's house, washer draining problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My washing machine is overflowing from the wall, because, according to the plumber, the 2" PVC that is connected to the old 1 1/2" galvanized pipes doesn't leave enough room to drain when the pump starts on the machine. He thinks the galvanized pipes are probably mostly blocked. He also says I...

Trouble with washer draining. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the city. I noticed that when I wash clothes that the drain water comes up in the bathroom tub and also the toilets. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Can I use some draino or something in the washer drain? Thank you...

Slop sink not draining from washer discharge [ 3 Answers ]

:hi,first Time User. My Problem Is As The Title Says My Grey Water Fills The Wash Tub To The Top Then Drains Very Slowly. There is No Vent After The Trap The Run Is Very Gradual And About 8-9 Feet Long , It Drains Into The 3" Cast Iron Pipe In The Basement That All Of The Other Drains Go Into. The...

Washer stopped draining and working [ 2 Answers ]

Today my washer stopped working. It stopped on the spin cycle and it never drained. Now I have a washer full of clothes and water. I tried to think of all the logical explinations and I reset the fuse, I checked for kinks in the drain hose and I checked to see if any clothes were stuck in the drain...

Washer Drain Not Draining [ 3 Answers ]

We just purchased a used W/D. It is Maytag Performa. When the spin cycle turns on you can hear the drain pipe fill up with water and then I spews water out of the pipe all over the ground... It does this every time no matter what temp. the water is or if there is soap or not. I have tried bending...

View more questions Search