Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srinyd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Water is not coming through one of the faucet
    Few days back there was a notice posted on my door. This notice was from the water works, saying water will be shut off from 8.00 pm for 8 hours. The next day morning I realized that water was not coming properly from one of the sink faucet in my master bath room. I thought it may be due to no pressure. I waited for a day and the problem is same. I have tried couple of things like, turning the knobs under the sink off and on, shut off the water supply, drained the water from all the faucets and turning on the water supply. Nothing worked; please help me if you have any suggestions or ideas in fixing this issue

Thank You
    Srini
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 01:30 PM
    You Say all other faucets, shower and toilets works, except one is this faucet a single handle or double handle and what's the brand and model number if you know, Thank.

John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 02:56 PM
    The city worked on the watrer line and disturbed debris. That faucet likely caught some debris and needs to be disassembled and cleaned. If you get either hot and no cold we can safely skip cleaning the aerator.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 03:38 PM
    It is all possible and it has happened before, if you need help how to remove the cartridges just let us know, be nice to tell us about your faucet, Thanks.

John

Aug 3, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Thanks John, and sorry for the delay in replying. I was out of station on a training. The faucet is single handle and the name of the brand is MOEN. Please let me know if you have any ideas

Thanks
    Srini
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 10:18 PM
    srinyd,

First of all let me tell you that all Moen products are life time warranty you just need to call and tell them you are the original owner , they will send you the cartridge, if you need it sooner they will charge you for the shipping fee.

Your problem is with the debris in the faucet as Bob says, you need to to close the angle valve under the sink (shut off valve) remove the cartridge, turn on the water for a few seconds it will flush all the debris, clean or replace the cartridge with a new one, for removal and installation click on the link below will tell you step by step, good luck, Thanks.

John

Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing The Moen 4700, 84000, L4700, L84000 Series Single Handle Lavatory Faucet, Ins165a
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Clean aerator before you do anything...

Aug 4, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Thanks John,

I will try cleaning the aerator first and I will certainly let you know the result.

Thanks & Regards
    Srini

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water coming out of new faucet [ 2 Answers ]

We installed a new faucet, and we can't get water to come out now. I took everything back off, cleaned it... reattatched all the hoses, and still nothing... please help. (In the kitchen) and yes I turned the water valve back on...

Hot Water coming out of Cold Faucet [ 11 Answers ]

I just had my gas water heater replaced. Ever since the replacement, when I turn on the cold tap on any faucet in my house, it runs cold for about 15 seconds, then hot water starts coming out. The hot water keeps getting hotter and runs for about 30 seconds, then cools off and goes back to cold. ...

Why no hot water coming from kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have hot water coming from all fucets and washer except for the kitchen sink. I do have cold water coming from kitchen sink though, just not hot water

No Water Coming Out of Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

My husband turned off the water in the kitchen to work on our hot water heater. When he turned the water back on in the whole house, the kitchen no longer had running water. There is water in the bathroom and to the utility room for the washer machine but none to the kitchen faucet. We've turned...

View more questions Search