Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanellerachell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 02:08 AM
    Water in shower goes cold when taps in house are being used
    Hi I need to have a hot shower with out being interrupted as the water goes cold when my wife uses the hotwater to wash up in the kitchen the shower changes to cold water can something be done about it thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 04:44 AM
    The only solution I have ever came up with is saying "I am going to take a shower now''
    Which translates D0 N0T use any water until I am done.

N0help
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 09:15 AM
    You could run a totally separate hot water line from your water heater directly to your shower. Would be much easier and cheaper to do what Nohelp4u mentioned,that's what most people do,you could also plumb in a separate water heater just for your shower.
    chris344 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
    You need to have the shower valve replace with one that that the water temp doesn't change just the water pressure. Example flushing toilet you burn or kitchen facet turns hot water on you freeze. I think its called a mixing valve but not sure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upstairs shower gives only cold water when kitchen taps are used [ 3 Answers ]

I've a shower upstairs (loft converted into room), and it gives either very cold water or no water when we use kitchen/bathroom taps. When no other tap is used, it does seem to work OK. I don't know anything about plumbing. Help me how can I get rid of this problem. Thanks Uma

Hot water is coming from cold water taps [ 1 Answers ]

Warm water is coming from cold taps with thermostat mixer installed in bath tub of the same bathroom

Hot water from cold taps when HW recirculator on [ 12 Answers ]

My hot water recirculator is on a timer, and whenever it is on, hot water comes from the cold taps. After a minute or so, the cold water starts coming out. Any chance this is something I can fix myself (I'm a total novice) If I do have to call a plumber, are there any things I can find out...

View more questions Search