Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCMURPHY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Loud Knocking Noise After Flushing Toilet
    I flushed my toilet and it made this terrible knocking noise for abou 5 minutes striaght even after it was flushed. It was so loud I couldn't believe it.

What could be wrong?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 4, 2008, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JCMURPHY
    What could be wrong?
    Seems there is a problem with air in the system. This happens when the pipe to the roof is blocked and/or the main sewerage waste pipe itself is blocked (a frequent situation if you have your own drain system. Start opening the pipe covers and check if there is a block somewhere.

A dirty job, but someone has to do it !!!

:)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 06:54 AM
    The prevoius answer regarding the evnt stack is not your issue. A vent stack would not make noise for 5 minutes. I am asking myself if its possible you have exaggerated that 5 minute a bit since the toilet should complete refilling in a about one minute. Could you test the situation and time the noise length? It may help us find your problem, I susoect a faulty washer in your ballcock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knocking noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the flapper, and flushing valve approx. a month ago. Ever since when it is flushed there is a loud knocking noise in the water line. Does anyone know what we can do to fix the problem? It's pretty loud. Thanks, in advance!

Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen. [ 4 Answers ]

HI, Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen.I am returnign to a property that was a rental property. My home was built in the late 70's. No plumbing has ever been changed to my knowledge. When I turn the dishwasher on or the hot water on the kitchen sink the floor...

Loud noise when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

There is a loud noise when I flush my toilet. I have learned that turning on the bath water causes the loud noise to not occur, or to stop mid noise. The noise seems to getting louder and longer with time. I appreciate any assistance troubleshooting this problem.

Loud knocking noise on central air [ 3 Answers ]

I came home today to find that the inside part of the furnace/central air is making a loud knocking noise. It seems to be working fine, but is very loud. Any ideas? Thanks

Loud Knocking Noise when cold water side of shower is on [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy folks. When I turn my shower on, I have to turn the water all the way to hot, switch the shower lever, and then adjust to warm... otherwise I get a huge loud knocking sound from the basement. I went down to see if I could see pipes rattling or anything, but nothing. I turned on the faucet...

View more questions Search