Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4Run4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2003, 10:16 PM
    Retro fitting K&N FIPK Kits
    I want to change the stock air filter unit on my 94 dodge spirit, and perhaps put a K&N kit in it. Although K&N does not make a kit for my car, not surprisingly, I have seen some set ups that look like they would fit well under my hood. The air filter is a good size, and the pipe's bend could be easily routed to free space under the hood of my car. The only question is if the pipe diameter would match that needed by my car, 3 inches. Also, does anyone know if generic kits or kits sold by tube diameters are common place? Thanks!
    blkbrd1116 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2004, 12:24 AM
    Retro fitting K&N FIPK Kits
    From what I've heard and seen, as long as you measure carefully and it fits, it should be just fine. I would recommend keeping the diameter of the pipe the same or a little larger should be OK, if it is smaller, you may just end up restricting the amount of air it sucks in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Mercury Sable... any body kits? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows if there is any body kits that will fit on a 96' mercury sable LS? I have looked and looked but I am not sure if there is a body kit for another make/model that will fit it or what... If you know anything I could do please reply.

Retro child support [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I was sue for child support for a child that her mother told me wasn't mine. The kid is 14 yrs old and live in killeen Texas I live in Nevada. We took blood test and she is mine. However she grew up with another man and his family who she has always known as her father. Her and I both...

Joining 2 Hampton Bay Track Light Kits [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought 2 Hampton Bay track light kits which included a "straight connector" piece, which is supposed to be used for joining 2 fixtures together. The connector piece does not just attach the fixture housing, but actually does connect electrically. There is no mention of this in the...

Teeth Whitening Kits... anyone Like Specific Ones? [ 9 Answers ]

I would like to purchase a teeth whitening kit, and would appreciate any NAMES OF THE PRODUCT - opinions on the better ones on the market that any people on this site may have tried? THANKS.

Installing retro fit windows [ 4 Answers ]

I installed our first window.Every thing went OK,it took a while but it was our first one.We will be installing more but first I need to do the trim around this first one first. Does anyone have any tips? I did not realize how bowed out the sides of the window hole is on the interior side until I...

View more questions Search