Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cscolaro Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Installing hand-held shower on fiberglass shower
    I am installing onto a fiberglass shower a rain fall shower system that has a separate hand-held shower head. The two options to install are using a suction bracket or using the bracket with a screw. Can I drill into the fiberglass to use an anchor and screw? Thanks very much.

Cheryl
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Sure you can drill into the fiberglass. I have the same kind of arrangement in my shower and it works fine. Just be sure you are happy with the location of the hand held shower head.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Yep, OK to drill but just break through the surface and use a short screw, never know what's behind a wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roman Tub Hand Held Shower - DIVERTER [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a jacuzzi tub and a Price Pfister Roman Faucet set. My wife has requested a Hand Held Shower attachment and OBVIOUSLY I want to fulfill her request. Here is my dilemma: I NEED A DIVERTER for this faucet set which can be activated forn the tub and the hose can...

Painting a fiberglass tub and shower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to paint a fiberglass tub and shower surroundings? I know there are preparation steps that have to be done, but don't know any specifics.

Fiberglass shower resurface [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to resurface a one piece fiberglass shower for a medium range price?

Installing a drain in a fiberglass shower [ 1 Answers ]

I’m in the process of installing a fiberglass shower unit in a new basement bathroom, but am somewhat stumped regarding how to attach the drain to the shower and then to the PVC pipe. The floor is concrete and I have 2” PVC rough in for the shower. Once I cut the PVC to the correct height, and...

View more questions Search